Thursday 21 June 2012

Happy Birthday Jenny ......

..... while my card is going to be late reaching you - my birthday wishes are winging their way across the ocean to wish you, Jenny, a very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope you have a super day!  As many of you know, Jenny likes to make beautiful clean, simple and fun cards, so I had to make something special for her.  Hope this reaches you soon.


I've used three challenges to make this card:


I've kept it really simple - I used the red, white and blue to make a vellum layered doily which reminds me of the Royal Air Force roundel.  I stamped each image using Versamark on vellum, embossed them with coloured powders and then simply cut them out.  I like the way you can see the patterns through each layer.  I stamped this very elegant cat onto white card, cut her out and attached her to the card on top of the doily.  I finished off with s simple sentiment.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies Large, Dainty Doilies 2 Small; Inkadinkadoo - Patterned Pets; Uniko Studios - Extra Time
Inks: Stazon - Jet Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Vellum and card from stash

Here are the challenge graphics:



There's still plenty of time to join in with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - this month we want you to make a card featuring our furry friends.  It's a bit quiet on the blog; we would really like to see your creations - do pop over and join us.  This month the prize for our June winner is a set of stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps - Text-It, so very useful!

The first week of Kathryn's summer holidays has been super.  We've had some extremes in the weather with a big thunder storm on Monday and hot, hot days since then.  We've been out shopping, to the cinema and just chilling (literally with the air con) in the house.  It's been fun!

Today the European Football quarter finals start - we do get to watch the matches over here, but we really do miss the atmosphere!  There are lots of sports bars in the States and they show all sorts of games, but there's no excitement or enthusiasm for football (or soccer as they call it here).  Jonathan can only watch the weekend matches - which is good as England play on Sunday!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an England v Spain final!!!

That's all for now - off to do a bit of mundane stuff - a stack load of ironing!!  See you soon.

11 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Beautiful card Deborah - the layered doilies in RWB look fab!
If you get fed up of the heat - send it over here - it's raining AGAIN and is set to stay for the weekend. :(

Tara

Ardyth said...

I adore how these doilies look in coloured ep on vellum - so crisp!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Deborah
Love your card ....love the doilies ...Stunning card......
Hugs sylvie
xxxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Deborah.....great doilies and fab colours

Anne

Jeanne J. said...

Oh I love this - the red white blue and vellum - and that cool kat - awesome! Simple perfection and you nailed this Deborah! Congrats on your shout out at WM GO ROCKETS!!!!

Jenny said...

I'm going to be totally biased about your card aren't I!!!! Luuuurve the stacked doilies...vellum is the perfect medium for using them this way :0) gorgeous card and I look forward to seeing it in the flesh (so to speak!)
Thanks so much for your birthday wishes Deborah.... I appreciate you sending me a card such a long distance :0)
The weather sounds as changeable as over here, we are having a great year for gardens and farmers but it better get its act together for the summer holidays :0)
Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Lynn said...

I love your card...that cat is perfect. And the vellum...oh la la! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls and CAS-ual Fridays!

PS I know...we have family from England...and the atmosphere is so much better there for football/soccer than here!

Gayatri said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love love the embossed doilies on vellum. So beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays

Loli said...

Hola Deborah, thank you for your comment:D,gorgeous card and fantastic effect the vellum, beautiful!!!
Oooh my friend, i hope Englad vs Spain, Would be a great match :D.
Hug from the very hot island, we are melted

Vicky Hayes said...

You sound as if you're having fun Deborah and I know a lot of us wouldn't mind joining you for a bit of that heat - as well as some excellent crafting company of course! Love the card you made for Jenny - that cat is fabulous! Vicky x

Stella said...

Dweborah this is sicuh a lovely example of using WM stamps. The layering is brilliant and I love the contrast of red ,white and a blue doily. Tha cat is a cutie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...