Friday 18 October 2013

It's PJ Party time .....

..... Hi!!  It's time for the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party and this party has a bit of a Halloween theme.  Claire wants us to make Halloween cards with a (1) Green colour theme and (2) a Victorian theme, and she also wants us to play with Art Deco in black, white and a pop of colour.  Well, how could I resist?

Here's my Green themed Halloween card:



Stamps: WMS - Gracie at Halloween, Hocus Pocus, Midnight Feast, Halloween Party
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Hero Arts - Neon Green; Versamark
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stiched Rectangles #3 & 6; Die-Namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax, Locks and Keys
Accessories:  Kaisercraft DP - Pickled Pear; Stampin' Up! Card - Lucky Limeade, Basic Black; Black Embossing Powder; Twine; White Lustre Card



I used the layout from this week's Mojo Monday - MOJO315.  I covered the base card with green paper which, if you look closely, has a subtle pattern and some printing too.  I then embossed the stitched detail.  I cut the green panel and layered it onto some black card, and added a fence and raven too.  I die cut the flags from scrap card.  I added a border of scalloped black lace.  I stamped the witch onto scrap card and embossed, repeatedly, with black powder resulting in a really glossy image which I then cut out.  I cut out the white panel and stamped the cauldron and bat before adding the witch.  I adhered the panel to some black card and attached it to the card with dimensional tape.  I finished the front with a bunch of keys and twine.  The inside has a mat of green card and on the white I stamped the fun poem and lots of witches flying by!!



My next card is based on the current Ribbon Reel challenge - RR64 to make an Eerie Elegant card with black, purple and a ribbon.  Claire's requirement is that it has a Victorian/Ghostly feel.

  
Stamps: WMS -  Hocus Pocus,The Count, Christmas Opera Tags, All Hallows Eve
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stazon - Jet Black; Distress - Seedless Preserves; Stampin' Up! - Elegant Eggplant
Dies: Spellbinders/WMS - Opera Tags
Accessories:  SU Card - Elegant Eggplant; White Lustre Card; Black Ribbon; Gems



I stamped the spooky tree in Elegant Eggplant directly onto the card base.  I stamped The Count in Stazon to ensure that the image was as black as possible and then I fussy cut him out.  I stamped the large Christmas Opera tag in purple, die cut it out and added the Halloween medallion in the centre.  I punched a hole at the top of the tag and added some ribbon.  I attached the tag directly to the card base.  I adhered the Count with dimensional tape - giving the appearance of him walking out of the tag.  I added a few purple gems to the image.  I finished the front with a very simple sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in purple and on the white panel I stamped the Count's very simple request!!



My final card for the PJ Party which features Art Deco images, is a birthday card and I've used this week's layout from Freshly Made Sketches - FMS108



Stamps: WMS -  Big Day - Today, Art Deco Background, Putting on the Ritz
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Hero Arts - Neon Pink
Dies: Spellbinders - Rectangles Lg (S4-132) # 4 & 5
Accessories:  SU Card - Basic Black; White Lustre Card; Ribbon


This is the first time I've played with these stamps - they are so, so elegant!  I stamped the large Art Deco background directly onto the card base.  I due cut the black rectangle and adhered it directly to the card, then I added the black horizontal panel and ribbon.  On some white card I stamped the deco frame in neon pink - which really pops against the black and white - and cut it out with a die.  I stamped this fun sentiment in the centre - after all birthdays are a time to drink champagne and dance!!!  I finished the front with a couple of jewel style tags.  I kept the inside ultra clean and simple, with a black mat layer and on the white panel I stamped an elegant birthday wish and some pink corner decals!



I've had lots of fun making these cards.  I think that's all my Halloween cards finished now - most will be posted back to the UK; I know it's not really celebrated there much, but it is here!!  Now, I'm going to sit back and have a look at everyone else's PJ Party cards.

Before I go, this seems a good opportunity to remind all you Waltzingmouse Fans that we have a new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics starting tomorrow - please do drop by and play along!  See you soon.

23 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Ooh they're all fab! Love the stamps you've used :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jeanne J. said...

Look at you - busy girl! I love them all.. the pop of fluorescent green on the first, the clever layering of all the wonderful dies and color on the count, and that pop of pink on the deco. You rocked this Deborah!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow!! You have quite a showing here!! Love your silhouette with the fence and banners! Especially all the flying witches on the inside! I especially love how you combined sets with your Count card!!! They all work so beautifully together for a fabulous look!! Your Deco card is just brilliant. Love the little "tassels" hanging from the base too! Gorgeous work!

Julia Aston said...

Nice job with all the challenges Deborah! I think my fav is the Dracula one with the lovely purple ornament framing the Count!

Marybeth said...

More amazing work here too! You put me to shame! Love them all ! Love the inside with the witches flying around . Beautiful Deborah!

Cassandra said...

Love them all Deb! Particularly your splash of pink. I can't remember whether this is your first Halloween in the US or not, but enjoy, whatever you and the family are up to.

maria f. said...

Wow, cool cards. I'm in love with the Count backed by those wispy tree branches. And the label. Oh so cool.
Enjoy Halloween in the States for me, would ya? I do miss it.

Nancy Penir said...

Oooooh, love those green bubbles in the cauldron!
Great count card too!
And the Art Deco is a standout with the hot pink accents!

Pauline said...

These are all fabulous Deborah! Love the fun witch, and the Count dracula image looks perfect on that fancy Opera tag! Lovely card for TRR too, so pretty!

Renee said...

I think you really had a great time with these challenges...
fabulous cards!
My personal fave is the Art Deco with that pop of pink...
love it!! :)

Sharron said...

Awesome designs, Deborah! Love Wanda with the iridescent bubbly cauldron and key and how you also finished the inside! And the pink with the Art Deco. My favorite though is The Count. Love the purple and your perfect design!

Cathy Weber said...

Deborah...love what you have done here today. So many great cards, all with a spooky and creepy theme, other than the great Art Deco card which is so elegant. I love all the little details you added, those flying witches was such a cute touch! Well done!

snowbear said...

Nice job! I like the addition of the keys to the witch card and I like your sketch for your deco card!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful halloween and retro cards, Deborah! Love how you decorated the inner card too!

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah...all of your cards are amazing, but your green witch is my favorite, so fun and so creepy.

Carla said...

all your cards are beautiful as always.
we don't celebrate Halloween, but i like the spooky cards.
Love from Holland.

Carla said...

your cards are very lovely, Deborah!
Love from Holland.

Emily said...

Great cards! I love the purple halloween card (I love any thing purple), count dracula is a great stamp!

~Tammy~ said...

These are all terrific! You rocked the WMS challenge and thanks for joining us also at TRR!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! These are all amazing cards! You have awesome talent! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Deborah these are superb, I was loving your witchy card with the green gloop in the pot when your fabulous Count card just knocked my socks off!! Seriously cool card, love how you layered him on top of that label! Love the pink pop in the At deco card also!! Pinning! :) Thank you so much for playing along with us!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my goodness, Deb. What wonderfully fantastic projects you have created for this PJ Party. Sorry I'm late to commenting, but I was out of town this weekend, and now I'm trying to play catch up...and I'm so glad I stopped by to see all this yummy inspiration.

Vickie Z said...

Fun, fun, fun!!I'm playing catch up too!! The count with the opera tag BG is soooo clever....he's my fav! Love them all but, I'm picking favs today... not like children though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...