Thursday 3 April 2014

Easter card ....

... Good afternoon.  It's very grey here today, which isn't helping me much as I'm feeling really rough.  However, I've managed to make a clean, simple Easter card to share with you and to go into my stash:

Happy Easter - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Bright Butterflies; Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments; Splat That
Inks: Brilliance - Peacock; Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist
Dies: US - Bright Butterflies
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Certainly Celery; Vellum; Gems

I've used several challenges to make this card, they are:



I love the colours in the Uniko Studio graphic, that was the start of this card, butterflies appear are in both Card Concept and the Time Out graphics and when I saw the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch - it all fell into place! I made the card base from pale green card and cut a white panel to go on top.  I stamped a spatter pattern using Brilliance inks (they have a subtle shimmer).  I stamped the sentiment, made the little banner and adhered it to the card.  I stamped the butterflies, using Brilliance ink, on to white card and again on vellum and used the matching dies to cut them out.  I attached one butterfly flat to the card and then used dimensional gel to adhere the vellum overlay.  I finished the front with a few gems.  On the inside, I cut another white panel and stamped some flowers and added a couple more vellum butterflies. 

Happy Easter inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for today - I'm going to make a nice hot cup of coffee, wrap myself in a blanket and curl up to watch a movie.  See you soon!

signature

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these soft pastels! So pretty!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love the colours you used on your pretty card! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Angela said...

Deborah, your card is so fresh an pretty!

Deepti said...

Beautiful!!! That butterfly took my heart away :) u nailed it all

Cathy Weber said...

I really love how you have paired the splatter and the butterfly Deborah! The colors are blended so perfectly...and I am really wishing I had that splat stamp set!

Beverley said...

Such a pretty card & FABulous combination of challenges. Firstly thank you for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) and secondly thank you for taking the TIME OUT to join in on that challenge too! Love seeing your creations :) Hugs Bev x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wow! your card is stunning Deborah and ideal for all those challenges, good luck x

Geri said...

I am totally in love with every element on your card...the beautiful colors, the fabulous balanced design, the banner (love the depth!), the splats, the bling....and the inside is just as pretty as the outside! Fabulous creation Deborah! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

sandie said...

fabulous Deborah, the colours are great and the splatters combined with the butterfly provide great contrast. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT

Darnell said...

FANTASTIC splotchy card, Deborah! I am going to redo the sediment on mine in the style you did here. Why didn't I think of that? And the butterfly? Mwah! So pretty outside and in!! Have a great day!! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Beautiful :) Lovely pretty colours, so soft and delicate and the perfect touch of bling to the gorgeous butterfly. Thanks for sharing this at Time Out.

Mac Mable said...

This is such a pretty card. Love the colours and the layout x Beverley x

Leigh said...

very pretty card, so fresh looking.

Lee-Anne said...

How beautiful, Deborah! Love the vellum butterfly!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE this color combo !

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I love the soft, pastel colors. Thanks so much for playing at Time Out, Deborah!

~Shery

Gillian R said...

So beautiful and delicate. Thank you so much for joining in the Uniko Challenge

Ren-Yi said...

The colors are so fabulous! Love them. and i love how the butterflies has layers. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...