Friday 25 July 2014

Celebrate ....

....  Good afternoon!  Just a quick post today to share a card that I've made with a few challenges in mind:
 
Celebrate - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - I Like You, Fabulous Four
Inks: Archival - Jet Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Daffodil Delight; Copic Markers; 3M Washi Tape


I used the layout from this week's Freshly Made Sketches, but switched sides.  The colours are from Colour Throwdown and the theme is Celebrate from Addicted to CAS.  I used two strips of Washi tape laid directly on to the card base.  I stamped the flowers on some scrap card, coloured it with Copic Markers (matching the colours) and then cut it out.  I adhered the flowers with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of yellow design paper and on the white panel stamped the bold "Celebrate" sentiment in black and added a couple more flower sprays.

Celebrate inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I mentioned earlier this week that I got a new computer.  Well, I've finally finished setting it up - at least, I hope I have.  I've transferred files, pictures, graphics, set up all the programmes and now we're rolling!!!  This PC is so, so much faster than my old one - which makes processing photos much quicker.  Anyway, that's all for now.  Please come back tomorrow to see the new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics!  Bye for now.

signature

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... LOVE this card Deborah!! Fun, bright, cheerful ... and a fantastic design.

I'm in the process of setting up a new computer as well ... so much work! Congrats on getting it all done! Loll xx

Jen Mitchell said...

These cards are lovely. The color combo is so bold! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :) lovely colors and I like that alphabet strip ! Thank you for sharing with ATCAS

Julie B said...

Love the washi tape Deborah and the blooms are great too.:)

Kylie said...

Wow! Beautiful blooms and amazing design, my friend. I love the script washi tape! Nice work! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just gorgeous Deborah! I love the pretty colours you've used for your flowers and I'm loving all that white space! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Broni said...

Great card, Deborah!! Love those flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara said...

How stinkin' pretty! Love that flower cluster! Thanks so much for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

I love your take on the sketch and you have used the CTD colors beautifully!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...