Thursday 11 September 2014

Halloween wishes ....

....  Good afternoon from a rather grey Northville!  It's beginning to look like autumn really has arrived.  We had more storms and high winds yesterday and today, it's dull and much cooler than lately!  Still, that's a good excuse to play in my craft room and I've been busy, but can't share them just yet!!!

I had fun making a Halloween card this morning.  I found a new challenge blog last week - A Step in the Dark - ASID#10 Anything Goes.  It is a bit different from other challenges; they are appealing to our darker side - emo, punk, goth, steampunk and just plain creepy, but I rather like it!  Here's my card:

Halloween Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Strange Doll; Waltzingmouse - Hocus Pocus, Halloween Party, Ciecly at Halloween
Inks: Archival - Jet Black; Distress - Antique Linen
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; Graphic 45 DP - Steampunk Spells; EK Success - Cobweb Punch; Copic Markers; Ribbon


I love this digi by Rick St Dennis - not too creepy, but definitely not cute!!  I printed her onto white card, coloured with Copic marker and then cut her out.  It doesn't show very well in the photo, but I soften the white by shading with Antique Linen.  I used the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL#306, but I turned the sentiment panel so that the sentiment is at the top.  I covered the card with the texty paper, cut a panel of cream card and punched a cobweb edge.  I cut a smaller piece of patterned paper to go on top.  I edged the paper before adhering it to the punched panel.  I stamped the sentiment in black and finished the panel with some black ribbon.  I attached Strange Doll with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut another panel of design paper.  I added a touch of colour to the cream panel, stamped the verse and added a few bats!

Halloween Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Rick said...

Hi Deborah-your card has been nominated by ME for our new PICK OF THE WEEK challenge-I would like to send you a badge for your blog-please email me at
rickstdennis@yahoo.com
Congrads
Your card will also appear on my blog

Deepti said...

What a fun card!! You are rocking these digis :)

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous card, love that image, super cool, :D. Thank you for joining Step in the Dark -Challenge, hope to see you there again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...