Tuesday 14 October 2014

Autumn glory ...

.... Good morning!  It's suddenly got warm again!  Yesterday, was warm, wet and grey, but today looks like the sun is out.  My card today is all about autumn, the warm rich colours, the falling leaves, the pumpkins (plenty in evidence on our sub) and the frosty mornings!!

Autumn Glory - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Serendipity - Quilted Pumpkin
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up - Mossy Meadow
Dies: Spellbinders - Leafy Squares (S4-332) #4, Squares Lg (S4-126) #6, Squares Sm (S4-128) #7
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; SU Card - Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear

I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:
I thought the falling leaves in Heather's card were beautiful,  so I decided to have some little one on my card.  I stamped this gorgeous pumpkin onto white card and coloured with Copic markers.  I covered the entire image with Wink of Stella clear to suggest a coating of frost - you should have seen the frost here on Sunday morning!  I layered the completed image onto some orange card and on green which was die cut with the leafy squares.  I used the "waste" leaves to accent the image.  On the inside I cut a mat of yellow and stamped the sentiment in green.  This is for my Thanksgiving card stash.

Autumn Glory 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsAutumn Glory 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


You can't really see the sparkle in the main photo, but if you blur the image when you take a photo, the sparkle is really visible!!

That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A gorgeous fall/autumn creation. Just adore the orange and green and the ornate frame. {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pauline said...

That's lovely Deborah, I have that image too, it's a great image for paper piecing too!

sandie said...

I do love this patterned pumpkin! And the fallen leaves are such a great take on Heather's card. So pleased to see you at TIME OUT Deborah x

Marybeth said...

I could see the sparkle and bet in person even better. This is gorgeous Deborah! Love the way you have framed and colored one of my favorite stamps. Thank's for joining us at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, love the design.

Donna x

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous 'quilted' pumpkin, Deborah ... so perfect with those wee stitched leaves ... and I love al shimmery WOS! So pleased you played along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah this is a gorgeous card, I love the mat die and your beautifully coloured pumpkin!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Deborah! I love the die cut frame. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players!

Unknown said...

Adorable Card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, your card is so pretty! I love that leaf die around your pumpkin! The coloring is beautiful and sparkle makes it even prettier! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Vickie Z said...

Fun card Deb!! Love that sweet pumpkin and the sparkle is perfect!! Thxs for joining us at SSCB!!

Sarah G said...

This is a beautiful design, Deborah - it is autumn on a card! Love the pumpkin and the die cut frame. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out :)

Kushner Elizabeta said...

This is such a sweet autumn card. Great work! I love pumpkins... :) Thank you for joining us at the Time Out Challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

Lots of fun things I love about this one Deborah, the beautiful bold vibrant colors, that blush of glitter, and that fancy die cut frame. Gorgeousness here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...