Friday 24 October 2014

Book worm ....

.... Good afternoon!  I've a cute little card to share with you today - made with a couple of challenges in mind:
Book Worm - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Book Work
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Wisteria Wonder; Washi Tape; Copic Markers; Glossy Accents


I think I'm just about in time for this week's Less is More challenge.  I've been going back and forward all week thinking about what "little creature" to use on the card, then I found this cute little book worm.  I made a small gift card (5" × 3½").  I used Washi Tape to make a book shelf.  I stamped the books and book worm on some scrap card, colouring both with Copic markers.  I fussy cut them both out and adhered the books flat on the card and used dimensional gel for the worm.  I added some Glossy Accents to the worm's glasses.  I finished the front with a fun sentiment - I tend to find that this one is often true!!!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of lilac card and stamped another sentiment.

Book Worm inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I had a really fun day yesterday - I went to a friend's wedding.  I was invited to be a witness and after the service we went back for a small lunch and some champagne.  I took a few informal photos at the lunch. 

Lucie & Nathan 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I made card last week using some pears - this is the gift bag that I made to go with the card.  The glasses - for the champagne toast!

Lucie & Nathan 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I told you the photos were informal!!  From left to right - Nicola, Seya, Sophie, and the happy couple - Nathan and Lucie.

Lucie & Nathan 3 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Nathan and Lucie - a bit more formal this time!

I've got to get a good head start on my upcoming Design Team cards.  My son, Ben will be coming over for a couple of weeks in November.  I'm so excited and really looking forward to seeing him - it's been nearly a year since we last got together.  He's bringing his girlfriend, Sophie, too.  So, it's going to be a busy few weeks, and that's all for now.

signature

9 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So fun!!

Carol said...

This is cute Deborah. Carol x

Claire said...

Looks like a fun day Deborah - love that union jack apron your friend is wearing! Your card is adorable..the glossy accents looks fantastic on his glasses. It really makes them stand out - such a sweet image and sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Jeanne J. said...

First I love your fun cards and that book worm with the shiny glasses. Why do glossy accents give me such trouble? The photos of your friends are wonderful - I bet they treasure the second one FOREVER! Its so crisp and clean, they look so elegant and happy - it looks like a celeb photo fit for a magazine!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the glossy accents on the bookworm! FAB card! And the photos are so FUN!

Sylvia said...

Such a fun card, Deborah, not sure where the card orders are from the photo, though! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Anne said...

Love your card and your sentiment Deb, so true!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

Chrissie said...

I missed this last week Deborah, it's great fun and a super composition!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute bookworm, I like his big glasses!! This is darling Deborah, thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...