Monday 6 October 2014

Coffee rules ....

.... Good morning! I hope you all had a really good weekend.  I had fun getting inky and making cards on Saturday and yesterday we all went out to a photo shoot - my other hobby!  We spent the day with some super photographers and two of the nicest models I know - it was a blast! 

Today's card was made with a few challenges in mind:
  1. Inkspirational - INK#66 - Beverages/Drinks
  2. CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#94 - Colours
  3. CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#95

Rule the World - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Perfect Blend, Gorgeous Grunge; Verve - Better with You
Inks: SU - Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Copic Markers


When I saw the challenge at Inkspirational, I knew that I'd be using Perfect Blend on the card - I LOVE coffee.  This is the third card I've made this week using the sketch from the current CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge - sometimes I find a layout that just works perfectly for so many cards - and this is one!  The colours at CAS-Colours & Sketches are so pretty, soft, subtle and they did give me a few issues, but then this came together really easily.  I stamped the coffee cups four times and coloured the bands on two using Copic markers.  Then I fussy cut the cups and bands.  I used Gorgeous Grunge to create a ground for the cups and added some dots and cup rings, then I adhered the cups to the card.  I used dimensional tape for the cup with the light band.  I finished the front with this fun sentiment!  On the inside I continued the theme with more cup rings and a simple sentiment.  I'm off to have coffee with my friends this morning, and I think I'm going to give this to Lucie!

Rule the World inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Before I go, I thought I'd share a photo of Jasmine and Andrea taken yesterday - they really are such fun!

Jasmine & Andrea - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for today - have a good one and see you tomorrow!

signature

6 comments:

sandie said...

Great mix of grunge with the coffee stamp.mthe grunge strip gives the cups grounding and the dimension adds interest. Thanks for joining us at Ink x

Leigh Penner said...

So fun!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I love all coffee cards :)

Patricia Hays said...

Deborah, it looks like you had a fun go with our challenge colors! :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

Alice said...

coffee lovers unite! =) awesome card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Marina said...

Great design- I love the different shades of calming blue on this card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...