Wednesday 1 October 2014

TMR - Sketch ....

... Hello!  It was great to see so many super cards using our metal theme last time.  For the next couple of weeks at The Male Room, we want you to make a card or scrapbook layout based on a sketch, this is my card:

Explore - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Dies: Spellbinders - Pinking Circles Lg (S4-170) #2, Pinking Circles Sm (S4-172) #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Check In


It's a fun sketch and easy to use for stamping or, as here, just with papers.  You can turn or flip the sketch, and you don't have to use a star - it can be any shape.

There's no stamping anywhere on this card, it is simply a card blank and design paper.  I used a Kaisercraft pack and picked three different papers, a tag and a sentiment.  I cut one piece to cover the card, and two to create the vertical strip.  I used dies to cut out the aeroplane tag and a mat layer and adhered it to the card with dimensional tape.  The sentiment is layered onto black card and adhered with dimensional tape.  On the inside I cut a vertical panel and adhered it to one side, leaving a large white area for a message.  This one is likely to go to Ben!

For more inspiration using the sketch - check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team.

It looks like the Indian summer that we've been enjoying here in Northville is coming to an end.  Yesterday was very dull, grey and rather chilly - so a bit more autumnal!  Today it's a bit better, but not much.

Edited:  I'm submitting this card to the Simon Says Wednesday challenge which has the theme Transport It .

That's all for now!  Have a fun day and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations using the sketch!

signature

8 comments:

Sue - said...

Love the travel theme of this card.

Rocky said...

I love your card, travel is a perfect theme for the challenge. The backing paper is really interesting, it looks like a circuit board in red rather than green.....must get some of this.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfectly stamped border with the airplane embellie! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

I need to take a leaf out of your book and use papers more often, especially if I can make cards as good as this one. Very masculine, great theme

Louise xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous card! Loving the papers and the whole transportation theme you created.

Caryn said...

What a great take on the sketch and transport theme. Love it.
Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Deborah I love your manly card ...it is not much manly card with pink vibrant color and you did it very well I love all the stamp from stampmark there looks really manly and love the pink DP and that airplane embellishment...great manly transport card I love this...I just join the sketch at TMR..wish you have time to visiting me back...would be so happy if you leave me some love too..hugs, Monika

Jacqueline said...

I love this Deborah - the perfect theme for a male card - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...