Thursday 19 March 2015

AC - Perfect the way I am ....

...  Good morning!  I've got another of my Hat Lady cards to share with you this morning using one of Rick St Dennis's wonderful digital images.  However, I think I need to give you fair warning that this is not a pretty lady - but she is certainly still very elegant and thinks that she's "just perfect the way she is".  Here's my card:

Perfect - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Zombie Hat Lady; Dylusions - The Right Words, Further Around the Edge
Inks: Memento - London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Petit Ovals Lg (S4-138) #5, Petit Ovals Scalloped Lg (S4-139) #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Secret Admirer; Stampin' Up Card - Daffodil Delight; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I hope you've recovered from the shock!!!  I had such fun with this image and despite being a zombie and thus dead, she is still an elegant lady!!  You can find more of Rick's Hat Ladies at either his Zibbet or Esty shops.  Rick has over 1,000 images at his Zibbet shop - something to suit everyone!!

I'm submitting this card to the current Inkspirational challenge - INK#78 where the theme is She Art or simply an image of a women (yes, but she's dead!!).  I printed her on white card, coloured with Copic markers and added lots of sparkle.  I die cut a white oval, adhered her to it and then coloured the background.  I mounted the finished image on a scalloped oval.  I covered the card with some lovely green floral paper (matches her feather and hat) and added a fun sentiment which I stamped on yellow card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and added a white panel which I edged with some leaves (matching her hat and dress).

Perfect inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsPerfect sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've taken a close-up of this lady showing all the sparkle - just because she's dead doesn't mean she can't shine!!!  Hee! Hee!

Perfect detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

You can see that this card really does fit with my series of Hat Lady cards - all fairly simple layouts, with floral backgrounds, oval images with scalloped frames and simple sentiments.  That's all for now.  See you soon.

signature

1 comment:

Marina said...

Interestingly, this is not the only dead woman who has entered our 'image of a woman challenge'! This is a fun and unusual card, skillfully made with the beautiful stamping and the clever cutting. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...