Tuesday 24 March 2015

Christmas Sparkle ....

...  Hello, good afternoon!  It's been a really good day today - got lots of tax admin sorted out this morning, then I headed to my local craft shops in Livonia and Northville and got a few new goodies.  I've been trying to grow my hair for the last several months, but today I'd had enough and as I was passing my hairdresser I popped in to see if Jessie could cut it.  I feel so much better now and I look more like me!!!  I must NEVER try to grow my hair again.

I've got a fun Christmas card to share with you this afternoon - it is quite clean and simple, but has lots and lots of sparkle:

Happy Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Woodware - Christmas Bubble Tree; Waltzingmouse - Twas The Night Before Christmas
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight
Dies: Die-namics - In & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Melon Mambo; Martha Stewart Glitter - Yellow Barite, Tourmaline, Periodot; SU Glitter - Dazzling Diamonds; Copic Markers


I got the idea for a bubble Christmas tree from the graphic for One Layer Christmas Card Challenge - OLXCC#6 where the theme is anything goes, but with the optional twist of circles, this stamp is perfect!!  The colours, bold and bright, are from CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#116 and I'm also playing along with Merry Monday - MM#151 where the team would like to see a tree.  I embossed the diagonal stitched frame on the front as a frame for the tree (the dies are my new goodies).  I stamped the tree in the frame and then added lots of glitter to the baubles.  I added clear glitter to the tree trunk.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of pink card and on the white panel I added some very pale yellow snow, a tiny tree and a Christmas greeting.

Happy Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Christmas sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a close up of all that glitter.  I took this photo outside in the sunshine so that you can really see the sparkle!

Happy Christmas detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've been very busy making Christmas cards, and I've just realised that Easter is just round the corner, so I'd better get cracking on some Easter cards!!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

Edited to add:  Lizzy has just told me about The Glory of Christmas Challenge - GCC#55 where the theme is Tannenbaum/Christmas Tree, so I'm submitting this card there too.  Thanks Lizzy!

signature

22 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this contemporary tree with the glittery balls! Great card, Deborah! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

ooh - look at all that shimmering goodness! Love that tree image and your lovely coloring!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week on Merry Monday, Deborah!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Susan Joyce said...

Great card for OLCCC and Merry Monday Deborah love all the different coloured glitter and your fun image. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday and OLCCC.

Jane said...

Such a cool modern Christmas tree - love it! Thanks for using the colours at CC&S.

Susan Powell said...

I love that tree image - so fun!! and all the sparkle you added is perfect - great card Deborah!

Patricia Hays said...

The modern tree image is great in our challenge colors! Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Deborah, I love love love your adorable tree and all that sparkle Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Deborah love the embossed frame and the glittery tree as well!

thassos456 said...

Fab sparkling card. Love the tree stamp :)

conil said...

Such a pretty and festive tree. Lovin' that sparkle a lot.

Vickie Y said...

What a fun, glittery tree! Love the image you used. Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

Greta said...

Oh what a wonderful card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun tree, Deborah! Love the sparkle! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

sweet art designs said...

Great design. Love the colour pallet.Thank you for sharing with us at the Glory of Christmas. - Myrna DT

Skylark said...

I've got that same tree stamp Deborah and it can be dressed in so many different ways - love all the glitter on yours! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

Louise van Vuren said...

Ooooo, I never thought of using these colours for Christmas! Your tree looks fabulous, thanks for playing at CC&S Deborah
Louise xx

Kath said...

A lovely card and fabulous colours and the glitter. I've also got this tree stamp and was going to use it for this challenge until I saw your card!
Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Looks great and I can see the lovely sparkle on this pretty tree.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVING all that fabulous sparkle!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 55 with your lovely crafting, Hazel, DT -- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x

Vicki Dutcher said...

WTG Deb - this tree is amazing! Thanks for joining in at OLCC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...