Sunday 29 March 2015

Glinda the Good Witch ...

.....  Good afternoon everyone!  I had a really fun day yesterday - I got so much done in my craft room - you'll have to wait to see some of the cards though!  However, I do have a card to share with you today:

Hello - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Glinda the Good
Dies: Die-namics - Hexagons; Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold and The Happy
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Night of Navy, Marina Mist; SU DP - Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Marina Mist; Kaisercraft DP - Hidden Treasures, Blubelle; Silver Mirri Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Blue

This one is for the current Less is More Challenge - LIM#217 where the team would like us to combine any previous three challenges.  I've actually managed to combine four challenges:
  • LIM#22 - Shades of Blue
  • LIM#124 - Hexagons
  • LIM#141 - Witches, Wizards, Fairies
  • LIM#156 - Sketch
I've had this lovely image of Glinda coloured for a while and I'm so pleased that she now has a home.  I cut a couple of hexagon borders in two shades of blue and some patterned hexagons for decoration.  I used double-sided tape to stick the borders together and adhered them to the card.  I die cut the word three times, glued them together and then adhered them to the card.  Glinda was coloured with Copic markers, cut out and I added some Wink of Stella to here gems.  I like digital images as you can select parts of an image or just resize, this time I selected only the upper part of Glinda - she's a tall elegant lady in the whole image, and you can find her at Rick's Zibbet shop.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of some design paper and used up some of the left over patterned hexagons on the white panel.  I've left a large space for my message.

Hello inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHello detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Kathryn had a fabulous time at the concert last night.  The highlight of her evening was meeting one of her favourite banks - Set It Off.  As part of the VIP package Kathryn and her Dad got to go in early, meet the band, get signed photos, and listen to an acoustic session (which she recorded).  Here are a couple of photos that Kathryn took yesterday - I grabbed them from her Instagram page.



Jonathan and Kathryn got in about 11.30pm last night - both completely shattered.  Jonathan is a really good dad - he takes Kathryn to lots of concerts (I think he rather enjoys them too).  Jonathan had a good day too - they went to a photo shoot before the concert and he took some fabulous pictures.

And I'm at home on my own again - this time they've gone out to lunch.  They're not being mean, actually they're being nice to me.  I've got a hospital appointment tomorrow and I'm not allowed to eat anything at all today - just lots of fluids and some tablets later.  Not saying anymore, but I'm not leaving the house today :)  See you soon.

signature

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Fab card Deborah, love the witch, she is rather pretty.
Good luck for tomorrow x
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

Great combo of challenges here Deborah, the shades of blue look terrific and it's a great mix of elements!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

FAB make and it looks like a great time was had by all

Kathyk

Rahmat said...

Great card Deborah, love all the blue in here...and good to see the concert pictures.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous and striking image Debs and love your colouring and in some yummy blue shades too. Well done on combining an additional past challenge too.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

What a fun card and digi Debs!

Ugh hope your hospital visit went ok...

Thanks so much for combining challenges at LIM!
Anne
Less is More

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...