Friday 3 April 2015

SNG - Happy Birthday ....

....  Good morning!  I've a cute and fun birthday card to share with you today.  I don't often do cute, but I'm pleased how this one turned out:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: I Brake For Stamps - Clown Bear by Rick St Dennis; Stampin' Up! - Sketched Birthday
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Scalloped Rectangles Lg (S4-133) #5; SU/Sizzix - Bitty Banners
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Pistachio Pudding; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear

I always need birthday cards for children and Rick has designed some wonderful bear stamps exclusively for I Brake for Stamps - you can see the whole collection here.  I think this card would work for a boy or girl.  I coloured the image with Copic markers, using the colours from an old Colour Me Card Challenge - CMCC#63 - they are such pretty colours.  I'm submitting this card to the current Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#60 challenge where the cue word is CUTE - and this bear is so, so cute!  I die cut the image and added lots of sparkle with my clear Wink of Stella brush.  I made the sentiment banner by colouring a scrap of white card a pale green Copic (to match the image), stamping the sentiment and cutting it out with the matching die.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale green card and added some balloons and hat for decoration.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a close-up photo of the bear - see how it shimmers and sparkles!!  Love this bear - so jolly.

Happy Birthday detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Today is the start of spring break here in Northville - Kathryn gets a whole week and a day off school and she really needs the break.  I know that most of Kathryn's friends in the UK have already had a week off, but the mid-term breaks here are much shorter.  I hope that whatever your plans are for Easter, that you have a good time.  See you soon.

signature

2 comments:

LesLee said...

Beautiful card... love that coloring!

Deepti said...

Fabulous coloring, Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...