Sunday 5 April 2015

Spring flowers ....

...  Hello, good morning!  To all my friends who celebrate this holiday - Happy Easter!  And to those who don't - Happy Weekend!!  I've got a clean, simple and, I think, very pretty birthday card to share with you today:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Love Is Kindness; Winnie & Walter - The Party
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Circles #4, Stitched Stars #1, #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Daffodil Delight; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear

I've used several challenges in the making of this card:



I think I've mentioned that my favourite spring flower is the tulip, and this stamp is just gorgeous.  It really makes me think of spring.  I coloured the image with Copic markers, love the yellow and pink tulips.  I cut a panel of white card slightly smaller than the base, die cut a circle and adhered using dimensional tape so that the bunch of tulips show through.  I coloured some scraps of white card and die cut some stars and adhered them around the frame.  I finished the front with a pre-printed birthday sentiment, which I cut in half and adhered either side of the circle.  I've applied clear Wink of Stella to the flowers and stars.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of yellow design paper and have gone to town on the white panel with birthday streamers and a huge greeting.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHappy Birthday sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This is one of several scheduled posts that I've got set up.  We are having a family holiday in the Big Apple!!  Jonathan and I were last in New York in 2004 to celebrate his 40th birthday and Kathryn was still tiny and stayed at home with my Mum.  Kathryn is now 13½ years old and has been desperate to visit New York - we have a full week planned.  I'm sure that I'll be posting lots of photos!  Bye for now.

signature

7 comments:

Jill V said...

Great Spring flowers Deborah! Love the colours you used - they work perfectly with the Easter colours challenge at AAA! Thanks so much for sharing your card! Jill

Claire said...

So pretty Deborah - the stars are such a lovely addition and the die cut window is a great CAS detail. The recipients of your cards must love opening them - the inside is always as beautiful as the outside! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Deborah, what a sweet way to accentuate thie SU tulip bouquet stamp!!! It surely is a fun one, I love it!

Thanks for joining us at AAA cards and also at CASology for the SPRING challenge!!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This little 'gem' popped up in my read list Debs and I simply had to take a closer look at all those fabulous colours and spring-like flowers. So I'm thrilled to see you've linked up at AAA Cards with it as I was going to suggest you did! thanks so much Sarah xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautifully balanced card! Those stars certainly add a bit of dazzle to that gorgeous bouquet in those fabulous spring colours! Great use of all challenges. Thanks so much for linking this lovely creation to CASology this week!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love that image of the tulips wrapped in newspaper and you've colored it beautifully. Great Easter colors and layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at AAA Cards! Please come again.

Jill said...

Definitely thinking Spring with your card of flowers! Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...