Friday 15 May 2015

RSD - Progressive Challenge Team B ....

...  Good morning!  I have to apologise to my team mates, once again, I'm running late with this post.  It's time for Team B to share the projects we've made for the Rick St Dennis Progressive Challenge.   The theme for this part of the challenge is ANYTHING GOES with a RICK ST DENNIS image.  Here's my card:

Just a Note - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Jocasta Jazz Valentine Girl; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Love Notes, Big Treble
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Melon Mambo; Kaisercraft DP - Say Aloha; Crafter's Companion - Spray 'n' Sparkle Iridescent; Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Candy Pink; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear; SU Marker - Basic Black


I used a few challenges in the making of this card.  The colours are from Colour Me Card Challenge - CMCC#71 and the layout is based on this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#186.  The image is called Jocasta Jazz Valentine Girl and she's just wonderful.  I'm on a bit of a roll with music theme cards - I made one yesterday too.  I printed her on white card, coloured with Copic markers and then very carefully used my scalpel to cut her out.  I ran a black marker round the cut edge to define the image and added some WOS sparkle to her feather, jewellery, makeup and shoes.  I used bright pink card for the base.  I stamped the music diagonally across the card and added a simple sentiment to the side.  I cut the card along the middle diagonal to allow the pink to show through.  Before attaching Joscasta, I used iridescent spray and some Cosmic Shimmer to add some detail to the white panel.  On the inside, I covered the card with green design paper and added a simply sentiment to the white panel.

Just a Note inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsJust a Note sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The rest of Team B have some fabulous projects over at Sparkle and Glitter - do pop by and check out their work.  If you want to play along with us, you need to use a Rick St Dennis image on your project - 3D art, scrapbook page, art journal or cards - the choice is yours.  Rick has over a 1,000 images available at his Zibbet store, to suit all tastes from sweet, cute, fun, funky to downright scary too.  Have fun!!

signature

7 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Really love your CAS Design, Deborah! Such a fun card both inside and out. Great fussy cutting too! I thought you'd masked to stamp but then realized the background was cut for that hot pink streak. Fabulous! xxD

Pauline said...

She is great fun Deb, I love the colours you used, and the musical notes behind her! She's dancing her heart out!

Pia S said...

A fun colorful CAS design. Cute image and love the splatters!

Cindy Lovell said...

Great card! Fun image and awesome colors!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

stampwithsandy said...

Too cute! I love how those adorable sentiments, they work so perfectly with your beautifully colored dancing girl! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me this week, Deb!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

That is a wild woman! Does she take after you?! ;) Thank you for playing with us at Colour Me!

Cindy said...

What a fun image! Your coloring is so professional! I love this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...