Friday 22 May 2015

USC - Flowers ....

...  Morning!  I'm back this morning with a reminder that there's still plenty of time to join in with this month's Uniko Studio Challenge, where our theme is

FLOWERS

My card today is just one layer!  Seems ages since I've done a one layer card, but this came together so quickly:

Thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko Studio - Beautiful Blooms I, Paradise Hummingbird
Inks: Hero Arts Ombre - Grey to Black, Lilac to Grape Purple, Butter to Orange, Pink to Red, Mint to Green
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Crafter's Companion Sparkle 'n' Spray - Gold; Doodlebug Sprinkles - Cupcake, Lilac, Bumblebee

I love these flowers - so bold and beautiful.  I used the new Hero Art Ombre ink pads to colour the flowers - I love the rich colour and the lovely shaded look.  I stamped the large flower first, masked it off and then stamped the smaller flower either side in different colours.  I finished the card by adding the hummingbird (got my set last week) which I stamped in the black ombre ink.  I finished with a simple sentiment, some enamel dots and a touch of gold sparkle spray.  On the inside I stamped a simple flower and left lots of space for my message.

Thanks inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

We have a couple of Guest Designers this month - Carol and Jane.  Do drop by their blogs to check out their cards.  Don't forget to visit the rest of the team too to see what they've made.

There are lots of prizes too - the DT will choose a winner who will get a £20 gift voucher for Uniko Studio shop and will be invited to be a Guest Designer.  The DT will also pick a top 3 and all will get a £5 gift voucher. If you do use a Uniko stamp we will do a random selected prize to win a £10 gift voucher.

That's all for now - have fun!!

signature

6 comments:

sandie said...

Great combo of stamps and what a beautiful colour combo-love how you got the same colours in the enamel dots x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Love how you've teamed these 2 sets Debs, full of striking colours and super classy too. Yummy. Sarah x

Jane said...

Gorgeous colours and fabulous placement of the stamps. Super card!

cm said...

Your card is gorgeous...the flowers, the hummingbird...ever so pretty! You say the HA ombre inks are marvelous? Guess what I'll be adding to my wish list! I've thoroughly enjoyed being a co-GD for this challenge; the opportunity to play alongside you and the rest of the team is such an honour!
Hugs~c

Beverley said...

LOVING this combo of stamps and the warm cheerful colours of the blooms. Hmmm sparks memories of Hawaii :) Hugs Bev x

Kate said...

Very pretty Deb!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...