Thursday 27 August 2015

SNG - School Days .....

....  Morning!  We're all up early today as Kathryn is off to Northville High School for her Orientation day.  She has to be in school by 8.00am today to complete registration and then to pick up her new schedule and books for the year.  Kathryn will have the opportunity to have a good wander around the school, which is good, as it's huge!  In many ways, Kathryn is looking forward to going back to school, but in others - particularly getting up early, she's not!!  I thought it would be nice to wish Kathryn luck, so I made this card for her:

School Days - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Night Flight; Dare 2B Artzy - Graduation, Northville Mustangs; My Favourite Things - LLD Document It - School Days
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog; Stampin' Up! - Pool Party
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Pumpkin Pie; SU Card - Pool Party; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear, Gold


I recently re-read the entire Harry Potter series and I've been trying to get Kathryn to read them too, but she won't!  This card is a bit of a hint - that cute little witch (Night Flight) is on her way to Hogwarts for her first day too.  I printed her on plain white card, coloured with Copic markers and then cut her out.  I edged the image with a black pen, ran her through my Xyron and than adhered her flat to the card.  I added lots of sparkle to her shoes, skirt, gloves, waistcoat and hat.  I kept the card really simple, only adding a horseshoe (for luck), the school name and a sentiment.  On the inside I cut a couple of mat layers - one orange and one pale blue, and on the white panel I added an inspirational verse and some images.  I added a few stamps to the envelope too.

School Days and env - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSchool Days inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I used the colours from this week's Colour Me Card Challenge - CMCC#86 - orange is the school's colour.  And as I've gone for a school theme, I'm also submitting this card to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#70 where their cue word is school.

School Days sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

If you like this cute little witch you can find her at Rick's Zibbet shop, along with lots of other images.  Rick has also produced a couple of wonderful colouring books for adults.  The first one is The Day of the Dead (my copy should be here soon) and his new book is  Rhinestone, Furs and Feathers.  They can be found at the Zibbet shop or from Amazon.


That's all for now!  See you soon.

Edited:  I had a phone call from Jonathan after he dropped Kathryn off at school.  My first thought was that we'd forgotten the registration forms, but no.  Jonathan told me that the NHS Marching Band, in full uniform, was at the front of the school to greet the new Freshmen!  They were playing the kids in and the upperclassmen there were all in NHS spiritwear.  Quite a welcome to the school!!

signature

3 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I really love this card, Deborah! Such a fun image and I love how you personalized it and added sparkle! Love the inside, too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATCAS!

Unknown said...

Deborah this is a fun combination of challenges! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...! We are always so pleased to see your creations in our gallery, join again soon :)

OttawaMom said...

Fun image that is beautifully coloured! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Colour Me...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...