Thursday 29 October 2015

Merry Christmas ....

.... Good morning all!  Bev at Uniko is sponsoring the new challenge at Time Out Challenges and most of the team have made cards to share with you today.  The theme is CHRISTMAS with the optional twist of using PINK and/or PURPLE.  I always love a Christmas card in non-traditional colours, so this was fun:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Rustic Christmas, Wonderful Washi Christmas, Pure Florals Poinsettia
Inks: Brilliance Trio - Twilight; Memento - London Fog; Versamark
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Smoky Slate; Vellum; Silver Embossing Powder; Copic Markers

I really like that Bev's stamps can be easily mixed and matched.  I haven't used the Washi set for ages, so thought it was time to play.  I stamped three of the images in Versamark on vellum, heat embossed them with silver and then coloured the reverse with Copic markers and cut them out.  I ran them all through my Xyron to make them self-adhesive.  In my stash I have some fabulous Brilliance inks that have a subtle metallic shimmer and one of the sets matched perfectly, so I stamped the Christmas tree using it.  I cut it out and adhered it to the card with dimensional tape.  Prior to attaching the tree I stamped a Christmas greeting.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of pale grey card, and on the white panel added another tree and a greeting.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do check out our blog to see what the rest of the team have created.  And visit Time Out Challenges to play along!  Have fun!

signature

16 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. My favourite colours pink and purple

sandie said...

what a great way to use the Washi tape-I was wondering how you did this-colouring in the back..now I know!! Looks so festive. It is great you could join us at TO x

Suchi said...

Hi Deborah..all the soft colors with white look fabulous! Great card! :)
Suchi xx

Lindsey said...

Clever washing tape effect! Never think of non trad colours. Makes refreshing change x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Striking, fabulous and brilliant use of the Uniko stamps Debs.
You've worked those colours perfectly too. Sarah x

Jane said...

Well that's put the washi stamp straight onto my wishlist! Fab card Deborah.

Marybeth said...

This is just beautiful ! Love that washi stamp and your beautiful embossing Deborah!

Sarah G said...

The washi looks wonderful combined with the rustic tree and those delicious colours, Deborah!

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely banners and tree! Pretty card!

Rahmat said...

Lovely card Deborah, loving all the embossing.

KandA said...

Wonderful card and super design xx

Anita in France said...

Soft, shimmery and beautifully contemporary, Deborah ... love that wonderful ombre tree! So happy to have you designing alongside us at Time Out! Anita :)

Dana M said...

Gorgeous card Deborah! I love how you combined the pink and purple in perfect harmony and the banners are fabulous!

Kate said...

So soft and pretty. Love what you've done !!!

creationsnz said...

Very effective and pretty

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Lovely card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...