Friday 2 October 2015

SNG - Happy Birthday ....

..... Morning!  It's my turn to host a post over at Sparkle and Glitter - where the EDT share Rick's wonderful images in a variety of projects.  Last Sunday I shared a Hanukkah card that I'd made using a turtle image by Rick and I posted it on my Facebook page too.  Charmaine left me a lovely comment and then asked whether Rick had a Birthday Turtle.  So I asked for one, and here's my first card using this sweet little turtle:

Happy Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - A Tortuga for Frings Turtle; Stampin' Up! - Occasional Greetings, Raining Flowers
Inks: SU - Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #4, Squares Sm (S4-128) #7
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Riding Hood Red; SU DP - Riding Hood Red; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I was absolutely thrilled that Rick drew this turtle espcially for me.  I had to play with it immediately.  I've used the colours from this week's Colour Q - cQc#310 - I think they're just right for a birthday card.  I printed the turtle on white card, coloured her with Copic markers and cut her out with a square die.  I finished the image by grounding her on a hill and adding lots of sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush.  I layered the image on my favourite ornate frame and adhered it flat to the card.  I finished the front by stamping a birthday greeting on each side.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of design paper and added a simple flower to the white panel.

Happy Birthday inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I also took a close up picture of all the fabulous sparkle - it really does shimmer in the sunlight.

Happy Birthday detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I can't quite believe just how fast this week has gone by.  It's been busy!  And that's all for now.  See you tomorrow.

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...