Saturday 23 July 2016

52CCT - Technique ...

.... Good morning! I'm actually on time with my DT card this week. Mind, it was quite close as I only finished it last night at 10.00pm. Our challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT29-16 this week is a technique. We want you to make a card with 2 or more folds. I have to admit that I'm not great with fancy folds, so I've gone for a simple stepper card:

Merry Christmas - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko  - I love Tea, Essentially Christmas; Stampin' Up! - Peaceful Pines
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; SU - Gumball Green, Real Red
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Gumball Green; SU DP - Real Red; SU/Sizzix EF - Softly Falling; Clear Embossing Powder


I got inspiration for this card from the photo for Merry Monday - MM#209, and I'll be submitting this to Lori's Christmas in summer challenge. I made a very simple stepper card with just two folds from some green card. I cut a couple of white panels which I embossed to suggest falling snow. I stamped the tea cup on two pieces of red design paper and again on white card. I added a pattern to the white cup and then cut them all out. I adhered the cups to the card and finished off the front with a small bunch of holly leaves and a bow. On the inside I stamped a greeting on the white panel and added more decoration.

Merry Christmas inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

For more inspirations - do visit our blog to see more from the rest of the design team. Have fun!

I'm off to some mixed media classes at Scrappy Chic today with Finnabair. Really looking forward to getting covered in paint! I'll share photos soon. Bye for now.

signature

3 comments:

Linda said...

Such a fun, festive card. Thanks for joining us for Christmas In Summer Link Up

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of cups, Deborah!! Spotted this beauty on Merry Monday.

Fabiola said...

Très gourmande Déborah, elle sent bon le chocolat chaud, biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...