Wednesday 20 July 2016

TMR - Colours ....

.... Good afternoon. I'm running a tad late with my DT card for this week's challenge at The Male Room - TMR#40. For the next couple of weeks we want you to use some particular colours on your masculine projects - RED, BLUE and one other. You need to make sure that it's an actual colour, not a tone of red or blue, so yellow, orange, green, purple. You can use neutrals and gold and silver. Here's my take:

Great - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Grey Flannel; Versafine
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Real Red; Copics; Clear Embossing Powder


I've gone for a very clean, simple and graphic look for my card. I've used my all time favourite stamp - the circles from Waltzingmouse Free Spirit Boy. Sadly, Waltzingmouse has now closed up shop, but Claire is working with Gina K and has released some of her stamps via Gina K. Who knows, perhaps, Claire will make a few more masculine sets?? As I've used my favourite stash on this card, I'm going to play along with AAA Cards - AAA#69.

I cut a panel of white card smaller than the base and, using my Misti, stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black. I coloured sections of the circles in red, blue and green. I then put the finished panel back in the Misti, inked up with Versafine, stamped and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. This is a trick I picked up from the new Heat Wave class over at Online Classes. I layered the finished panel on red card and attached it to the card base. On the inside I cut another mat layer of red card and on the white panel stamped the circles again - this time in grey.

Great inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsGreat sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm still not back on my proper routine, but I'm getting there. That's all for now! See you soon.

signature

3 comments:

Jane said...

Bit of a wow for m Deborah! Turned out really spectacular. And thanks for linking up with AAA Cards too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS, love the stamp and colours.
Faith
x

Craft-E-Place said...

Amazing card, inspired design.
Elaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...