Sunday 14 August 2016

CIC - Theme ....

..... Hello! I'm not getting into my craft room much this summer - for various reasons which include trips away, having my Mum to visit with us for July and August and watching the Olympics. However, I managed to get into my craft room yesterday - it was very wet and also very hot - and here's my card for our new challenge at Cupcake Inspirations - CIC#371. We have a theme for you this week - SHINE BRIGHT! Here's my card:

Shine Bright - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Neat and Tangled - Sparkle and Shine
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Baja Breeze, Smokey Slate; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Jumbo Fishtail Banners Stax #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Wink of Stella - Clear


I used the set Sparkle and Shine from Neat & Tangled on my card. The layout is based on this week's sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#186, and the colours are from this week's Colour Q - cQc#354 challenge. I love the big icing gem on the cupcake in our challenge graphic and decided to make gems the feature of my card. I stamped the large, solid gem in blue randomly on the card, added some grey outline images and then filled in the spaces with some tiny black stars. I die cut a couple of jumbo fishtail banners - one in black and one in white. On the white banner I stamped a greeting and another gem. I layered the stamped panel on the black banner, which had been cut in half and positioned to show at the side. I finished the front by adding clear Wink of Stella to the outline gems. On the inside I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white layer I added a greeting, some stars and another gem.

Shine Bright inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsShine Bright sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Our sponsor this week is Neat & Tangled and the winner of our challenge will get a $15 gift certificate from them!


Do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. That's all for now - back soon!

signature

12 comments:

Birgit said...

Very pretty Deborah! Love the repeated design and your main focal point. Awesome!!

cm said...

You've certainly shown us that diamonds are, indeed, a "girl's best friend'...swooning at those lovely gems sprinkled over your card panel! The sentiment tag: perfect!! A gorgeous translation of the inspiration photo!
~carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah your card is so beautiful and sparkly! I love the way you worked the diamond background, really makes your sentiment pop! Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card, Deborah! Love all the different size gems!!! Thanks for playing along with ColourQ!

Unknown said...

Perfect take on the sketch! Love your design!

karen h said...

Wonderful card! Love the blue and silver together! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Beverley said...

LOVE this Deborah! The colours, stamps and how you've used the sketch - perfect. Thanks for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

Patricia Hays said...

What a fun card! You did a super job combining the challenges. Thanks so much for making CC&S one of them! :)

Jen Carter said...

This card couldn't fit the theme any better for sure! Love how you created the background paper!

EK Gorman said...

I really love how you approached this weeks them of "Shine Bright". Such a beautiful card.

Sandy said...

Just perfect for our Shine Bright challenge! Great card!

Indy's Designs said...

Loving this! Great deign and take on the challenge! :)
Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...