Wednesday 28 September 2016

TMR & Uniko - Originally Organic ...

.... Good morning all! It's time for our new challenge at The Male Room - TMR#45. For the next couple of weeks we want to see your masculine style projects featuring

LEAVES and/or TREES

I used some soon to be released stamps from Uniko as we are introducing the first of Bev's new release today. Originally Organic is just lovely with leaves and stylised flowers and works perfectly for a masculine style thanks card:

Thanks - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Uniko - Originally Organic, All Occasion Sentiments #6, Simply Said
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Stitched Rectangles #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Wild Wasabi; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella - Clear


I used this lovely flourish style image which reminds me of the seeds pods produced by the flower honesty. I don't have the actual stamps yet - still waiting on the post service to deliver them! So Bev kindly sent me the digital files so that I could join in the Blog Hop at Uniko. I printed the image on white card, cut it out with a die cut and coloured it with Copic markers. I used autumnal shades as they really work on a masculine card. I also printed one of the group of leaves which I fussy cut out. I used the large "thanks" sentiment and stamped it on white card, coloured with Copies and then fussy cut the letters. I edged each letter with a black marker to hide the white core of the card. I adhered the letters and panel with dimensional tape. I added some sparkle to the image with a clear Wink of Stella brush to suggest a dusting of frost - just like you see on autumnal mornings. On the inside of the card I cut a panel of green card. On the white panel I added another group of leaves and added a simple greeting. This one is for my stash! As I've used the shades of autumn on my card, I'm submitting this one to the new challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#139 - they want autumn colours! Done!

Thanks inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsThanks sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit The Male Room blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the team. Hopefully, you'll enjoy this challenge more than our Star Trek challenge! You've got plenty of time to play along - deadline for submission is midnight BST (7.00pm EDT) on Tuesday 11th October. Have fun!

Don't forget to check out the Uniko Blog to see more cards from the Uniko Design Team introducing this fabulous set! And before I go here's a reminder of Uniko release schedule:

Introducing: 28th - 30th September. Bev and the DT show off the sets.

RELEASE DAY: Saturday 1st October - your chance to see the full release and also to buy the stamps at the Uniko shop. There's also a Blog Hop with the Design Team and a Giveway too!

That's all for now! See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Rahmat said...

Lovely card Deborah, I like the colored bold sentiment.

Lindsey said...

Well timed masculine challenge to showcase the new stamp set! The stamps work really well with the masculine colours. Have to remember that! X

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So thrilled you were able to join in Debs and what a stunner! Classy and perfect with a gorgeous color choice. X

Sue - said...

That is a gorgeous card Deborah! The new release look like they may have to fall into my basket! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cazro said...

A great design, loving the seperataion of the greeting and image. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

Rocky said...

I love how you've made a flower image masculine, great colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...