Sunday 2 October 2016

More coffee and Homecoming Dance ....

... Hello! I hope that you've all had a good weekend. Ours has been busy, but lots of fun. Saturday, of course, was World Card Making Day and I got to spend some time in my craft room yesterday and today. Saturday was also the Homecoming Dance at Northville High School - more of that later! Just to warn you - there are lots of photos!

First up though is a cute and funny coffee themed card to share with you:

Coffee - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Your Next Stamps - Coffee .. Right Meow!; Altenew - Coffee Love
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Cappuccino Delight; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Die-namics - Wonky Stitched Circles #3; Your Next Stamps - Coffee
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Baked Brown Sugar; Copics; Wink of Stella - Clear; Iridescent and Clear Embossing Powder; Glossy Accents


It's been a while since I played along with CASology - CAS#217 but I managed it this week. I still had some coffee themed stamps on my desk and I think this little kitty is so cute, cross, but still cute. I used the sketch from MFT Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC#300 for the layout. And the colours are from Your Next Stamp - YNS#49.

I stamped the kitty on white card, coloured her with Copics and fussy cut her out. I added some glossy accents to her nose. I die cut a circle of light brown card onto which I stamped coffee beans. I adhered the circle to the card, added the kitty and stamped the word "BEFORE" above it. The coffee die cut was made by cutting out the word three times, sticking them together and them embossing it several times to give a thick, glossy texture. I used iridescent embossing powder as the final layer and it give a lovely shimmer (see detail photo below). I got the idea from Jennifer MacGuire. On the inside I cut a mat layer of brown card and on the white panel added the word "AFTER" and kitty sitting smiling with a full cup of coffee. I know just how she feels :))

Coffee inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsCoffee sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Here's a close up photo of the coffee die cut:

Coffee detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I think that'll be the last coffee themed card for a while! I'm clearing my desk tomorrow.

Now, I mentioned the Homecoming Dance earlier. Kat and her friends arranged to meet up Saturday afternoon to get together for photos before going out for an Italian meal and then onto the dance. It was fun meeting all the parents and the kids, well young men and women! They all are so grown up and all looked stunning. Here are a few photos from a very proud mum:


Here are the girls - all so beautiful. They're smart too!




Kat - my gorgeous girl!



Kat and her friend Will.



 


Another of the girls - taken on the bridge in the local park.


And last, by not least, the boys!

I've been busy in my craft room and have actually managed to make several cards for some challenges, so do drop by tomorrow to see more!

signature

6 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh I remember those days! Love the photos especially the ones on the bridge! Kay is Lovely and so GLAM! Your before and after card is CUTE, too!

Joyce said...

Your coffee and cat card is so adorable. Perfect for our cute challenge. And, love the homecoming photos as well. So nice to see happy young adults all dressed up. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah your coffee card is indeed super cute! I love all the photos of your beautiful daughter, I hope they had fun! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

hollybeary creations said...

This card is so fun.. I love how you used the Challenge Colors. Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Tricia T said...

Heehee!! Love the card and the before and after!!

Martha Tucker said...

Love your Card!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at YNS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...