Thursday 16 September 2010

The celebrations begin ...

... today!!  It's Kathryn's 9th birthday tomorrow, but work means that Jonathan won't be here to celebrate with Kathryn.  So tonight we took Kathryn out to dinner.  Kathryn decided that she'd like to go to Nando's - so we had a lovely evening there.  Kathryn will be getting her card (you'll get to see it tomorrow) and presents tomorrow when her Daddy gets home.

Yesterday I showed you Kathryn's invitations.  So today it's back to my cards.  I was asked to make a special card for Matty (my friend's son).  She wanted a large card and was keen for it to feature Matty's favourite computer character, so I found an image of Yoshi on a motorbike which I thought was suitable.  I wanted to make it a bit more grown up, so I decided to use my Waltzingmouse Stamps called Free Spirit - boys.  I opted for the funky circles and used a lovely orange ink to pick out the orange on Yoshi.  I added Matty's age and a personal greeting.  And the card was certainly large - A4 - one of the biggest I've made, but I enjoyed it.  I did a matching insert with smaller images of Yoshi in the corners, but left it blank for a personal message.


And this evening, I've been getting my son to teach me how to add a signature to my blog.  I think it's nice to have a more personal look.  I like what I've come up with.  What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...