Thursday 9 September 2010

Final play for today ...

... I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging lark.  And I find I rather like it.  I've added lots more sites that I like to visit.  I shop at lots of places for my craft gooides, both in real life and on the net.  I enjoy browsing (and buying) from the  Glitter Pot and Inkylicious to name only two.  I am a regular visitor to the Docrafts website and have a gallery of my cards there under the name GemDeb.

I recently completed a small 6 x 6 scrapbook about my darling son Ben (he'd hate me to say that - but he is).  I kept it fairly simple using a variety of pictures from when he was a baby to the most recent (black and white) taken by his dad in February.  The scrapbook was free in a Goody Bag.  To decorate I used a variety of backing papers and some lovely stamps from Waltzing Mouse Stamps - the sets used were Celtic Hertiage, Free Spirit - boy (wonderful funky designs) and Off Beat Backgrounds - they were stamped using Tim Holtz's wonderful distress inks.

Ben - earlier this year


King of the Castle
Learning to be a beach bum!
Oh yes, that sweet little gingerbread stamp on the baby page is another from Waltzing Mouse Stamps - in the Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy set.  They are so cute and work for all occasions.

That's all for now.  I seem to be enjoying this.  And family harmony was maintained today - the ironing was done (well most of it), I read my daughter another chapter of Little Women at bedtime (great way to spend time with her) and Ben was a grumpy teenager.  Jonathan had a good night out with the camera club.  Anyway, that's all for now.  Back soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...