Thursday 23 September 2010

Rockstar and grunge ....

...  the current fashion which the teens really love.   And the Rockstar set from Inkadinkado is so appropriate.  I decided to use it and several other sets for the commissioned cards.   Sam will be 12 this weekend.  Inspiration came from several cards which I've seen on Splitcoaststampers - specifically Stampersandee, Hartvillestamper, KellybeeCorrosive 69 and Stampersandee again; as well as from some guitar cards that I've previously made.


Sam's card - from his mum and dad
Jacqui wanted a large card (which is from her and her husband) and a smaller card which will be from Sam's brothers and sister.  Jacqui bought one of my guitar cards earlier this year and she thought that style would be good.  But I wanted to do something a little more special. 

The card is 10" x 7" and the supplies used include DCWV 12" x 12" Rockstar paper; the Inkadinkado stamps; Making Memories stamps - Just Chillin'; Waltzing Mouse Stamps - Music; Tim Holtz Distress Inks and some holographic silver card that I got from QVC.  The birthday greeting is made from a Docrafts stamp (now discontinued) which I layered using Spellbinders pinking circles.  I used Spellbinders long rectangles to make the two smaller panels and I simply cut out the backing panel.  On all three panels I used a very subtle dotty background stamp which gives a nice distressed look.  I've also done an insert for the card which has a smudged border and guitar in very light grey.  I'm pleased with how this card has turned out. 

The other card was created from most of the same supplies - but in shades of blue, brown and copper.  I added a lovely star stamp that I got free with Craft Stamper.  I used the Spellbinders Small and Large Labels to form the toppers and to finish the card off I added three little copper brads.

For Sam - from his brothers and sister
Insert from the big card

Sorry, but I haven't included links on all the supplies - as it takes soooo long to write the blog!!  If anyone wants specific information - make a comment and I'll get back to you.

As for the OLW - I'm still think about that one.  As you can see from these cards, clean, simple and one layer are not my usual style!!  So it may be a while before I get the challenge card finished.

That's all for today.  I have to do some work on my assignment, so I'll be back tomorrow.  Who knows, I might even get to post a picture of my OLW!!!  Here's hoping.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...