Monday 13 September 2010

That's the invitations done ....

... so tomorrow I get to walk around the village and deliver them all by hand.  You know when you've had a good day?  That really nice warm satisfied feeling - well that's me right now.  I'm happy with the invitations I've made and, more importantly, I've been doing homely things too.

I thought it was time to sort out the ironing backlog.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates the job.  But the thing is, I like the feel of freshly ironed clothes.  So unless it's leggings or the like, then I'm afraid I have to iron it.  And there are now only 3 baskets of ironing left (hides head in shame) which I shall do tomorrow.  I've also been shopping for Ben - he's got a food technology class tomorrow and he's going to make a Mint & Pea soup (Gordon Ramsay recipe) which we'll have for tea.  I think I'm going to have to help Ben pack it up to take to school.  However, I'm looking forward to tasting the soup.

Now, the cards I'm going to show today were made for Ben - he was 14 this year, and for Annabel (Kathryn's friend) who was 9. 

Ben's card is A5 and I made it using rainbow shaded card (blue and taupe) to which I added the co-ordinating vellum (both from QVC).  I used a piece of black coredinations paper which was embossed with the cuttlebug stars folder.  I sanded the paper to reveal the blue core and then layered it onto a piece of the blue card.  The topper is a fabric embellishment that I got from a Docrafts kit purchased from QVC sometime ago.  The peeloffs, also Docrafts, were coloured with a blue pen to match the blue core.  I think Ben was pleased with the card.  I wish I had another of the fabric toppers.

Annabel's card is red, red, red!!  Her favourite colour is red, so I decided to base the card on that colour.  Again it's A5 in size.  The vellum backing is a Dawn Bibby design onto which I layer some pink paper from Docrafts.  Once again the image is from Pink Petticoat - a really cute cat.  The dress was coloured on the PC (using paintbox), I added a black rectangle so that I could add a personal greetign.  Then I layered it onto some red metallic card.  I used a Martha Stewart border bunch on the backing paper and finally added lots of flowers and some gems. 

Finally, I'm going to include the last of the invitations that I've made for the Stampin' Up party.  As I said yesterday, I've used the Circle Circus set.  I opted for one design which I stamped in lots of coloured and then clear embossed.  I cut out all the circles (I don't have a punch that fits) and then matted them onto pinked circles (Nesties).  In all cases I used Tim Holtz's distress inks to add colour to the backing circles and to stamp the trio in the corner.


One final thing - I've got a follower!!!  And have now had two comments.   Thank you both - you have no idea how excited I was when I saw that!!  Actually, maybe you do :)   I do hope that you find my blog interesting, and maybe even helpful.  Anyway, it's time to log off now and have a nice cup of coffee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...