Sunday 12 September 2010

This is fun ...

... I'm really enjoying this.  The learning curve is not too steep (fortunately) and, more importantly, my creative juices are flowing again.  So much so that yesterday I spent quite a lot of time sorting through various photograph galleries (mine and Jonathan's) to find pictures of Kathryn.  I'm going to make a 6 " x 6" scrapbook, similar to the one I made about Ben.  I've got the pictures together and later this week I'm going to start putting it together.  Check back for progress.

The cards that I'm showing today were made for my Aunty Sue and Annette (one of my oldest friends).

This card was made for Sue.  The backing papers came free with a number of crafting magazines (I get them all!!) and the image is Pink Petticoat again!  I coloured it using Sakura glaze pens and allowed the colours to mix, I the cut it out using a scalloped punch.  The two backing layers were also cut using punches, the middle was embossed with my wonderful Cuttlebug.  I'd recommend it to anyone.  Two great sites for cuttlebug ideas are Ikki's and Cuttlebug Challenge - I haunt both sites :)


The next card was made for Annette.  She's a very special person and I had a great time thinking about the type of card to make for her.  So once again I used a PP image!!  This time it's Lola with a glass of champagne (coloured on the PC) - most appropriate for my girlfriend.  The card base is from Kanban - and I thought it really went with the birthday greeting.  I added a flower made up from a number of flowers (from a variety of companies) and held together with a lovely stripped brad.  Once again the mount was run through my cuttlebug - used the lovely D'vine Swirls folder.

And the next job for today is to make some invitations for friends to attend a Stampin' Up party I'm having to mark the launch of their new catalogue.  I love visiting the Splitcoaststampers gallery and often see cards made using Stampin' Up products.  I've seen several that I'd like to get; here's hoping they will be in the catalogue.

That's all for now - must get off and be busy!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...