Wednesday 15 September 2010

What a wonderful day ...

... the sun is shining.  It's nice and warm.  And I've finished all the ironing - yippee!!  Well for a while at least :)  If someone could invent a truly non iron fabric, they'd be a millionaire overnight.

Sorry for not posting yesterday, I had a bit of a probem with Blogger - couldn't logon for some reason.  Anyway, it's fixed now - so here I am.  Just thought I'd let you know that Ben's Pea & Mint soup was absolutely delicious.  It's a slipperly slope - I think I'm going to have to encourage him and maybe I won't have to cook.  Actually, maybe that won't work - I'll still have to tidy the kitchen.

Anyway, back to cards and the like.  I've done some work on the mini scrapbook about Kathryn - check back for progress. 

This card was made for my father-in-law, Simon.  I sometimes find it hard to come up with designs for men, but this one came together really quickly.  I coloured  the lighthouse image (used Marvy pens) and cut it out using the Spellbinders nesties (Labels 3).  On the backing layer I stamped a rope image (from Waltzingmouse Stamps); an appropriate frame.  The background shipwheel stamp comes from a Stampin' Up set that I got off E-bay.  Finally the greeting comes from a set that I've had for years.


I feel that this card is a bit of a cheat.  I made it for one of Kathryn's friends.  Kathryn and I had been to our local Hobbycraft and she saw the Goth Girl and Disco Diva set (from Kanban).  Kathryn is very much into the "Goth" scene at the moment :)  And she felt that it was perfect for her friend's birthday.  It was dead easy to make, just pop out the girl and use foam pads to mount her onto the backing card.  I did, however, try to make it a little more special by adding ultrafine glitter to the outline of all the swirls.  I also used glossy accents on the belt and the stars.  I did get to do some stamping on the greeting.  Actually I was quite pleased with the end result.

That's all for now.  Kathryn will be home shortly and we have to go shopping for some new ballet and tap shoes.  These children of mine will keep on growing!!!  It gets so expensive!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...