Sunday 10 October 2010

OLW23 - Heavy Metal ....

.... that's the brief we were given by Susan for this week's challenge on Simplicity.  I had lots of ideas of Christmas themed cards, but then I realised that Heavy Metal - could be a music theme, could be a chemistry theme (sorry, that's the nerd in me creeping out to play).  Or it could simply be a card for a teenage boy - perhaps someone like my son Ben!!  He won't thank me for saying that though.  So here's the card I came up with.  It was actually really quick to make.


Card:  Black A6 from stash
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Free Spirit - Boy; Free Spirit - Sentiments
Ink: Versamark
Embossing Powder: Stamp'n'Stuff - Detail Silver

I've noticed that many people have watermarks on their cards - and that's only right and proper, afterall the image and card belong to them.  So I've been playing - all afternoon - with GIMP to try and come up with a watermark of my own.  It's not too bad, but I think I still have a bit of work to do.

And that's all for this evening.  I'm off to watch the new detective show on Sky - Jonathan has it on pause for me at the moment.  I'll be back again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Fantastic card :o)
Jackie xx

G Peplow said...

Love it, it's perfect:0) xx

Doris said...

Just right for a "guy card!"

Paula (PEP) said...

Striking - will go & investigate Waltzingmouse before going to bed.
I need to work on a watermark too - I'm not a computer teccie so it will have to be a bit further down the line.
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

LOVE that card. Most of my card recipients are male, so I'm always looking for ideas like this.

I Like your Watermark because it does not confuse the card. So many watermarks do and that prevents viewers from getting a really good sense of the design. But maybe that's just me. If I had a blog, the watermark on my cards would mimic the one Susan Raihala uses on the Simplicity Blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...