Sunday 3 October 2010

One for two ....

... by that I mean, one card - two objectives.  I've submitted the card below for my final assignment on Glenda's course at MCC and also for the challenge at One Stop Card Challenge.


Stamps:  Creative Impressions - Floral
Inks:  Distress - Tumbled Glass, Spice Marmalade; Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze, Fresh Greens; Versamark
Paper:  Blue holographic paper from stash; White hammered card base
Embossing Powder: Detail Silver
Greeting:  From a set with Large initial C and little images and words - can't remember who made it, but I'll post details if I can find them.

I used all three of the stamps from the Floral set, using the largest with the distress ink and stamped the background.  Then I overstamped with the smaller flowers using shades of Blue Breeze.  I mounted the topper onto some blue holographic paper from my stash.  Next I used the largest flower image on some watercolour paper, stamped with Versamark and embossed it with detail silver embossing powder.  Then I wet the paper and added inks from Blue Breeze, allowing them to merge.  I used Spice Marmalade for the centre of the flower.  I used the same technique for the leaves.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help me position the greeting so that it lined up with the edge of the topper.  For the greeting I used the darkest shade of blue in the Blue Breeze inks.

I'm really pleased with how this card has come out.  It's a very simple congratulations card - can be used for just about anything - new job, passed an exam, wedding; a useful addition to my stash.

That's all for today, I'll be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

ladyjanet_56 said...

Congratulations on your final assignment, such lovely colours too. Thanks for joining in at OSCC, Janet

Jackie said...

Very pretty card :o)
Jackie xx

Francesca said...

Hi what a wonderful card, I love all the wonderful deatils
Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Paula (PEP) said...

I love this card - the colours & elegance of it just really make it Zing for me. It ticks my boxes I suppose I'm trying to say. Trying to catch up with blogland & MCC - computer woes & somehow time vanishes - learning my new MAC is a steep learning curve too...... I'm still doing inkpad samples & lost all today with trying to get the sulking old PC to co-operate.....
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...