Thursday 11 November 2010

Card recipe ...

... Katie and the team at Cooking It Up with Katie posted another recipe yesterday, this time the ingredients are to include a food and/or drink, along with a tag (or two) and a sentiment.  I thought that was a lovely idea - and then I went to my stamp stash and realised that I only have a few stamps featuring foods - some cupcake stamps (which are lovely, but I've used them quite a bit) and a set featuring ice-creams.  Yes, I know it's almost the middle of November - and at the moment there's a howling gale blowing around my house!!  But I decided that my card would feature ice-cream!!  I think I must be mad - but then I do rather like the taste.  So here's the card:



Papers & image:  Pink Petticoat - Sweet Sundaes
Promarkers: Pastel Pink, Cocktail Pink, Poppy, Orchid, Lilac, Burnt Sienna, Vanilla, Blush, Forest Green
Stamps:  Woodware - Ice Cream Parfait
Spellbinders:  Labels 14
Stickles:  Diamond, Black Diamond
Ribbon, A6 card and pink holographic card from my stash

The background papers and images (including the little ones on the tags) come from Pink Petticoat.  I printed off several copies of the ice-cream sundae and coloured it with promarkers; I then cut out a couple of layers for the ice-cream.  I added some stickles to give a little glitter to the cherry and spinkles.  The greetings came from the Woodware set.  I made a set of three tags - the back two have little images of different ice-cream sundaes with another greeting on the top tage.  I finished it all off with a pretty pink bow.  Actually, I'm quite pleased with this one.

And that's all for tonight.  I'm off to make a nice warm cup of coffee!!  Note to self - get some drink (coffee) images :) 

I hope to be back tomorrow with another card.

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Not an easy one - but WMS Afternoon Tea springs to mind. Hope you warmed up after that & inventive thinking with that one...........I'm struggling with a cupcake!!!
Paula (PEP)

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love your colours Deborah - perfect antidote to this awful weather
Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie, good luck and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

Tammy said...

Adorable card Deborah! I love that sundae! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Anne said...

Lovely card Deborah. I agree that ice cream isn't the first thing that springs to mind when it's blowing a gale outside. So glad you could join us at Cooking It Up With Katie this week. Hugs x

GinaA said...

It's a brill card, the tags are tremendous, and the colour cheers you up. Must say the 'cool' sentiment is rather appropriate at the moment.

happy inking
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...