Tuesday 21 December 2010

OLW33 - home decor ...

...  Susan at Simplicity is hosting this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge - she wants us to use the theme "home decor".  And I realised that I don't have any home decor type stamps.  So I was a bit stuck for any idea (and busy with Christmas cards), so I'm rather late to the challenge, but I'm here!  Then earlier this evening, I remembered that I have some wonderful images from Pink Petticoat that feature lamps, chandeliers and a sweet little armchair.  My cards aren't strictly one layer as I had to print the images onto some card and then mount them onto a base card.  I have also added some bling!  Oh yes, I managed to come up with four cards!!!

The first is really clean and simple - a lovely little table lamp - and it's in shades of orange - nice and bright!



Image:  Pink Petticoat
Promarkers: Mandarin, Amber
Inks: Distress - Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade
Spellbinder:  Beaded oval
Accessories:  Ribbon from stash

Next, is the sweet little armchair, which happens to have a cute scottie dog sitting in it.  The sentiment is "I miss your cuddles", so I decided to add some blue to this card and colour the heart cushions and flowers in shades of pink.  I'm quite pleased with this.



Image:  Pink Petticoat
Promarkers: Cool Aqua, Pink Carnation, Maroon, Cinnamon, Terracotta
Inks: Distress - Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Spellbinder:  Squares

In the next card is this lovely image of a chandelier.  The words are so beautiful - I think it has a romantic feeling, so I added some red and some bling.  I also edged the card in the same colours and added a bold flourish using the Stampin' Up! flourish - Baroque.  Love this one.



Image:  Pink Petticoat
Stamp:  Stampin' Up! - Baroque
Inks: Distress - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Spellbinder:  Mega oval

Finally, another chandelier with a really cheerful look - flowers on the shades and a lovely sentiment.  I decided that this should be light and bright - so it's yellow, with a contrast of blue!



Image:  Pink Petticoat
Promarkers: Blue Pearl, Pastel Blue
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen, Mustard Seed
Spellbinder:  Labels 10
Accessories:  Peel offs from stash

I can't quite believe how quickly these came together - once I'd remembered that I had the images!!  It's nice to do some cards that aren't Christmas related.  That's all for now.

7 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Goodness - impressive. I love the chandelier in yellow & blue, nice twist using the blue as I'd have gone to black but this is just much softer, Certainly shows hte value of colour theory.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Susan Raihala said...

Lovely cards. Thanks so much for playing!

Mona Pendleton said...

ALL of these cards are fab Deb! Love all the various colors and shaped dies!

Jackie said...

Excellent set of CAS cards :o)
Jackie xx

PetraB said...

The cards look so pretty, love the colours.

Nicole P. said...

These are all fantastic. I can't pick just one that I love best! (But that dog is awfully cute.)

Sue Lelli said...

These cards are ALL DELIGHTFUL! LOVE the images and cute sentiments! Bravo for trying to do one layer - impossible for me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...