Sunday 9 January 2011

CR84FN10 ...

... it's that time - a new challenge starts today at CR84FN.  We'd love you to come and play along; we have such pretty colours to play with - but aren't they always?  Who can resist such pretty sorbet soft colours? 




As always, the pictures are by Leslie at A Creative Mint - well worth a look - such lovely images.

January is a busy month for me - so many of my family have birthdays in January that it is sometimes hard to keep up.  My Aunty Sue had her birthday yesterday, so I decided that I would feature snowflakes on her card - very appropriate as we have had so much snow!  And this colour palette really works with snowflakes.

It's a large card - 8" x 8" - but it needed to be special.  I decided that I'd used the colours to make some pretty layers, with the top layer featuring the snowflakes.  I used glossy card for the top layer and started off by stamping various snowflakes in versamark and clear embossing them.  Then I used the brayer technique (still getting used to that one) with Big 'n' Juicy.  In my practise run I had the lilac on the inside, but realised that it looked better with green on the inside.  I was quite pleased that it came out so well.  I distressed the edge of the card with Mustard Seed and just a hint of Tumbled Glass.  I found the bright yellow ribbon in my stash an wrapped it around the layers.  Once this was mounted onto the card, I realised that it still needed something.  So I made a few flowers and snowflakes - in matching colours.  Finally, I added the birthday greeting using my favourite (at the moment) Spellbinder dies - Labels 14.  I used the co-ordinating Waltzingmouse stamps for the frame and then added the greeting.  My husband really liked the card - that's praise indeed!!!




Stamps:  Personal Impressions - Christmas Sparkle; Stampin' Up! - Serene Snowflakes; Waltzingmouse - Holiday Labels No 14, Teeny Trees, Very Vintage Christmas Stamps
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Dandelion; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Mustard Seed; Big 'n' Juicy - Happy Birthday
Spellbinders:  Labels 14
Accessories:  Ribbon and papers from stash; Martha Stewart snowflake punch;  Woodware flower punches

Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's cards - you can get to their blogs via the link on my sidebar, or via the CR84FN site.  Please have fun and play along with Create for Fun!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a lovely background you've created here, Deborah! This card is sure to bring a smile to your Aunt!

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, this is so PRETTY! Your color wash makes your card sparkle like jewels! LOVE that WMS you used inside your frame ~ very vibrant!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful embossed resist with the snowflake and blend of the colors, Deb! Great looking card!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Deb! Such a lovely card! Love the burst of color on that beautiful background!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous Deb!!! Love this vibrant card!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, the colours work so well together :o)
Jackie xx

Donna Mosley said...

Oh Wow! Deborah this is amazing, your background is beautiful, fab technique. Love the sentiment & pretty flowers.

Donna x

Suzanne C said...

Lovely mix of colors with the beautiful snowflakes. Beautiful card!

Andrea M said...

Wonderful cheery card Deb!! Love the emboss resist technique!!! Wonderful work!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful birthday card, great use of this weeks colors for your lovely background!

Paula (PEP) said...

I like your use of the yellow snowflakes - an interesting choice of colours for a Christmas theme. The brayering is such a lovely technique isn't it? I don't know the Big'N Juicy colours but this is quite a combination & a lovely way of interpreting the colours set.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I love that you did a winter theme in non-traditional winter colours - and I also love that you created with snowflakes for a winter birthday, rather than reserving them for Christmas cards alone. Of course, I just LOVE snowflakes, so give me any reason to keep using them, and I am all over it!! :)

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous Deborah! That WM frame set is one of my favs. Works so well on many cards. :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv how you used the colorz!

Stella said...

Wow wow wow!!!!!! Your card blew me away. This is the kind of card that gives you a happy feeling. The bright colors are gorgeous; this card is a beauty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...