Tuesday 15 February 2011

Corners, recycled Christmas ...

... I've made this card for two challenges, and as part of my on-going resolution to make at least one Christmas card a week!.  So, to the challenges - this week at Cooking It Up with Katie the recipe is to "use some red, add a little ribbon and don't forget the corners".  Over at Waltzingmouse Makes they have started a new monthly Christmas Card challenge -  you will have to join the forum to take part in this challenge but it's fun.  And the theme for January - yes I know it's a bit late, but we have until June to upload our cards - is to use something recycled from Christmas - the card must also feature some Waltzingmouse stamps.  They have prizes too!!  My card is really quite clean and simple.



The recycled items on my card are the snowflake button and the stack of parcels (cut out from a card).  The corners have been decorated with a couple of stamps from my collection of Waltzingmouse stamps.  I stamped the red flourish directly on the card and the holly leaves and berries were stamped on plain card, coloured with Promarkers and attached.  I added a lovely red ribbon to the snowflake button - looks a bit like a shooting star!!  Finally, I added a simple Christmas greeting.  I really like the card - red and green, very festive.  Very quick!!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Very Vintage Christmas Stamp Set
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug
Promarkers:  Lush Green, Poppy
Accessories:  Card, ribbon from stash

That's all for now - got to get some housework done this morning.  I'll be back later!!

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Morning - I'm just going to bed!! Love your corners & that snowflake button is quite special - i can see why you recycled that one.
Paula (PEP)

Kathleen said...

Love your recyled christmas card. Like the idea of cut up little gifts. Kathleen x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Deborah! I love how you did your corners!! Enjoy your day! ...and thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a fabulous start to your Christmas card making. Love the recycling and the way you added that ribbon is perfect.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my text tree - hopefully I have fixed the link now.
Caroline xxx

Stella said...

Great card; I love that snowflake button. It looks like this cutie pops off the card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...