Saturday 12 February 2011

Got some Mojo ....

... for the Mojo Monday Challenge - MOJO177 - a fabulous sketch, which I've been thinking about since it was posted.  I'm very late to the challenge and so many gorgeous cards have already been posted.  But I couldn't think what to do!!  So I've been sleeping on it for most of the week :)


Then, this morning I realised - turn the sketch on its side - and it came to me.  Out came one of my favourite stamp sets - by the ever talented Claire Brennan!!  I bought these stamps as soon as they were released but I've only used a few bits from the set - however in the last couple of weeks, I seem to be finding reasons for the Half Pint Heroes to come out to play.  And you know I mentioned the goodies I bought yesterday, well I've found a use for the papers on this card! 


The papers are shades of blue, green and brown - so naturally I did an underwater scene with the submarine!!  Actually the first time I saw this stamp I was going to make a yellow submarine!!  I've coloured the image with lots of Promarkers and coloured the card with distress inks.  There's a fabulous port hole in the set and I've used it to make a window with a little chap waving - I'm not sure it shows up properly in the photo, but the window is covered by a lovely big glass chip!  Detail in picture below.  I'm keeping this card in my stash.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Half Pint Heroes
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans
Paper:  Avec - Deco Designs
Accessories:  Card, paper, glass chip, embossing powder - from stash

And now I need to say, Hi, Hello to a couple of new followers - welcome aboard to Sylvie (GibbMiss) and Lynn (Delphinoid).  Thanks for joining me.

Now, don't forget that tomorrow sees the start of a new challenge over at CR84FN - and boy have we got some lush colours to inspire you!!  So please join us then.  In the meantime, I'm off to read one of my Christmas books - The Lily Bard Mysteries by Charlaine Harris (she writes the Sookie Stackhouse books - seen on TV as True Blood).  Take care all - see you tomorrow!

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is perfect turned, cute images too....hope your weekend is fabulous!

enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

Sweet card, Deb! Love this little underwater scene!

Caroline Hallett said...

Oh you clever thing - great idea turning it on it's side - very original and a nice card

Buffy said...

Fabulous card Debs. Love the colour combination and the little sub is so cute.

Susan Hogan said...

Verrrrry cute! Love those rodent stamps!

LJabin said...

the glass porthole, the underwater colors, the adorable little fish. I can even decide what I love most. so much inspiration in one little card, I love it!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the idea of the porthole with the glass chip. The colours are some of my favourites but I'd not have thought of what you did! Isn't it wonderful how different people are? Hope you enjoyed your book.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

And a good night sleep is never a waste fo time. Just look at this. So cute and I love that submarine!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...