Wednesday 23 February 2011

No cards ...

... again today - but we've had a brilliant time!!  Kathryn was totally shattered when she finished at the activity club this morning - and she was given an award for her Zumba session - she's rather keen on that!  I called into our local supermarket to get some sandwiches (lazy mum) for lunch today.  When we got in Ben, who only just got up (teenagers!!) decided to have a sandwich with us - good thing I bought enough!!

Then, as we had no electricity - so no coffee!!!  We played all sorts of games.  We talked, we read some books and we had a brilliant time - so nice to be together.  Mind it was getting bit fraught by 6.00pm when the power still hadn't come back on.  The electricity company were replaced some wooden poles - initially it was only two, but it ended up as four!  Thus it took a bit longer than expected.  Power was restored at 6.30pm - which was good, as it was quite dark by then.  We had a late tea, more chat and Kathryn was in bed by 8.00pm - so tired.

Ben is now catching up with computer game time!!  And I've managed a quick look at some challenges - have missed the deadlines on several other challenges - I've decided that I'm not going to craft tonight.  I'm going to have a large glass of wine and watch a movie.  Well, it's a holiday ;)

Before I go - I must say hello and welcome to Caroline - who became a follower yesterday!!  So glad to welcome you - hopefully, I'll have some cards to share in the next few days.  Bye for now.

3 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Hi Deborah - sorry you didn't get any crafting done today, but family time is so precious - and I like the sound of the glass of wine and movie! A really relaxing evening - you deserve it! Bracing myself for a whole FOUR days without cardmaking and trips round Blogland as I'm away for the weekend - sharing a room with two girlfriends - always a riot when we go away together. x

Paula (PEP) said...

Glad you had a good day with Ben & Kathryn & that you had the elecitricity back beforee too late. Hope you enjoyed the DVD too.
Paula (PEP)

Pauline said...

Oh dear, no electricity means no computer, Wii Playstation, that would have bombed in my house lol! Glad it's all back up now, and looking forward to your next creation xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...