Tuesday 22 March 2011

Exciting news and a challenge that gives ....

... some of you will already know Tara from her blog Craftilicious, or from via Less is More.  Well, last week I received an email from Tara telling me about a new Challenge Blog that she was developing.  A blog with a difference, a blog set up in order to raise much needed funds for St Luke's Hospice in Sheffield.  The Blog is called St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge - and Tara asked me to join the Design Team.  And I said yes.



It's a monthly challenge and goes live on 2nd April - it will normally be the 1st of each month - but we obviously couldn't start on 1st April!!  It would be great if you could join in each month making a card based on the chosen theme, post it on your blog and link to both the challenge and charity blogs.  And, if you can spare the card(s) you made, you could also send them to the Hospice (using the Freepost address or a stamp) so they can be sold to raise funds.  Do drop by and visit the St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - bookmark the page, and visit my fellow DT members: 
Don't forget - the challenge goes live on 2nd April - come and visit, find out the theme and let your creative juices flow!!!  I can't wait to see your creations and visit your blogs.

Now before I go, I've been a bit slow acknowledging all the wonderful, supportive and helpful comments on my blog recently - so THANK YOU all - I love to read your comments, they are very much appreciated.  And finally, for now, a big HELLO and WELCOME to my new followers - Tara, Agea and CarolCel!  Thanks for joining me.

I must come to a close for now as I've got several baskets of ironing to do - as you may know by now - this is my least favourite job, but has to be done.  So I'm off to get that sorted and then I intend to play in my craft room, complete some challenges and share some cards with you.  Take care.

7 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Thanks Deborah - we've got 11 followers on the chairty blog already :-)

I hate ironing too......

Annemaritta said...

Congratulations, Deborah. I'm truly happy for you. So many times I'm visiting here admiring your cards and also how you very often visit other bloggers and say nice things about their works.

Hugs from Leeds, West Yorkshire :)

Kim S said...

What a lovely idea!

Pauline said...

Congratulations on your new DT post, and for a worthy cause too!

Stella said...

Congratulations on your new DT; so well deserved. It;s all for a good cause; such a wonderful and lovely idea!

Mona Pendleton said...

Yahoo!!! Congrats on you new DT position Deb!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a great idea - a challenge site for a good cause and where the cards get used to raise money too. Congratulations on being on the DT Deborah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...