Wednesday 30 March 2011

She's off to play ...

....  Kathryn is!!  Today Kathryn and the rest of her year 4 and most of year 3 friends are off on a school adventure.  They go away to an outward bound type place for three days and have fun.  Last year, on her first trip away, Kathryn says they did things like canoeing, rock climbing, hiking, fishing and midnight feasts.  And she's very keen to do more of the same.  She will be in a dormitory of 6 girls, so it'll be interesting to hear whether they get much sleep.  We've been having wonderful weather in the last couple of weeks, but this morning I woke to see that it had been raining, and the forecast is for more of the same.  I don't suppose the children will mind.

So what am I going to do with myself - Kathryn away with her school friends and Jonathan working in India - well I'm not on my own, Mum is here with me.  But it means that we can both do pretty much what we want - for me that'll be reading and  making cards and tidying my craft room (as I didn't do it last night).  For Mum it'll be reading and possibly some gardening.

That's all for now - I'm off to get Kathryn's breakfast and make sure she has everything she needs for the next few days.  I'll be back later with some cards to share.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

My daughter is in yr 4 too! I hope she has a wonderful time away, it will be an adventure even if it does rain - it's a horrible day here too, very dark and raining, yuk! xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Enjoy the time with your Mum & pottering about.
Paula (PEP)
We have dull skies here too.
Hope Kathryn set off OK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...