Friday 27 May 2011

One Layer Wednesday ....

... is being hosted by Jennifer at Styles Ink this week.  Jennifer simply wants us to make a one layer card featuring either a cat or dog or, if you feel that way inclined, both!!  "Easy peasy" she says!!  Not sure it's that easy.  Some of the cards that have already been posted are so good - with scenes and witty sentiments.  So I had to think a bit harder and have a good look through my Stamp Catalogue (it's a god send for times like this).

I've made a sweet little card featuring a funky Scottie Dog.  It's really clean and simple, but took a little while as I had to make sure that I got the positioning correct - my stamp-a-ma-jig is one of my best ever buys!  I started off with a simple black frame into which I stamped the dog image.  I decided to add a bit of colour to the dog's coat with my Promarkers.  I also added just a bit of sparkle.  Finally a simple and fun sentiment.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Frame-It; Inkadinkado - Patterned Pets
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers:  Royal Blue, Pearl Blue
Accessories:  Card, glamour dust from stash

I've had these animal stamps for a while, so I'm pleased that I've finally managed to ink them up - thanks Jennifer.  In the set there are some cats, some dogs, a tortoise and a lizard - all rather funky, all great fun.  I may have to play again later :)

That's all for now - I'm going to be spending a while in my craft room this morning - working on Design Team cards (check back on Sunday).  And I've got to sort out Ben's room - he's coming to stay with us for a week - it'll be so nice to see him.  See you later!

8 comments:

Lana said...

I'm sure it was not easy, you have done beautiful card Deborah! :)

Pauline said...

Such a sweet card, the sentiment fits so well!

Jenny said...

He's so smart in his little coat, fab card Deborah. Those WM frames are great for the small cards aren't they :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

I adore this card Deborah - the predominantly black and white image with the flash of electric blue - gorgeous!

Tara Cardwell said...

He's so cute ;-) I must add those frames to my next WM order - they seem so useful.
Tara
x

Kim S said...

Awwww! He's darling and a perfect stamp for a CAS card.

Susan said...

Deborah, this is super cute! I love the way you did the border....and kudos to you for inking up your animal stamps! I only had the one dog and one cat stamp...wasn't too difficult for me! LOL!

my card is HERE

kingstonmama said...

Cute card, Deborah! I love your Scottie dog with his touch of bright blue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...