Wednesday 15 June 2011

Tic-tac-toe Friday ....

... CAS-ual Friday's challenge this week is in the form of a tic-tac-toe grid - where we get to pick a line, vertically, horizontally or diagonally.  So the possibilities are endless - but for me it was trying to decide which line to pick.



I finally settled on the diagonal which includes "buttons, dies(punches) and emboss".  And because I'd been working on the Jingle Belles challenge immediately before making this card - my CAS-ual Friday card is also a Christmas card - but hey that's good - I'm up to 27 Christmas cards now!! :)  This is a very clean and simple design - and I'm rather pleased with it!




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage, Asian Gardens; The sentiment is from a bargain bin set
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Garden Green
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! - Bauble punch; Cuttlebug folder - Snowflakes

I've combined the embossing and punching in the bauble element and the buttons are the holly berries - easy!

That's all for now.  My friend Heather has just arrived so we're going to have a long gossip.  And, more importantly, we're off the the local craft shop :)))  Seeya later!

17 comments:

Cassandra said...

I like it alot. Great work Deborah

Tara Cardwell said...

I love that design deborah - the embossing on the red metalic card is brilliant!

Jenny said...

ooooh this is seriously gorgeous. Love the CAS style Deborah, fab shiny bauble :)
Jenny x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great design on this card Debora, I must say that bauble has so many uses I have just made a couple of cards using it as a vase...


Anne

Jen W. said...

Love that sweet bauble on the bare winter tree. Hope the trip to the craft shop was fun - I'm jealous! :)

Kim S said...

This is absolutely darling. I love that shiny ornament on the end of that simple branch - it stands out so wonderfully!

Michele Gross said...

Wonderfully pretty! Gorgeous Christmas card :) I'm glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Buffy said...

Beautiful card Debs. Love the bauble.

Buf x

Donna Mosley said...

A fab xmas card Deborah, so pretty & elegant. Love the branch detail.

Donna x

Stella said...

Wow that bauble!!!
I love the branches; they look quite "simple" but they add ( is this english??) a wonderful and elegant touch to your card.
Love it!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

So fun and what a fabulous take on the challenge! Love every delicious detail! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again and share more of your beautiful work!

Virginia L. said...

You really think outside the box on this one!!Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jackie said...

Beautiful CAS card :)
Jackie xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is beautiful Deborah, love it!

Hugs
Maarit

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Lynn

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Vicky Hayes said...

A really lovely design Deborah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...