Thursday 21 July 2011

Wedding cards ....

... earlier this week I told you that I'd been making a wedding card.  The truth be told - I've actually made two!!  My friend, who asked me for the coffee inspired card for her nephew, also asked me to make a card for some friends who are getting married soon.  I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to play with my new Waltzingmouse Big Day sentiment stamps.

As we didn't know the colour scheme the bride has picked, I decided to stick to fairly neutral colour schemes.  Both card are reasonably large - A5 in size. 

I started off with white, silver and a very, very pale blue colour scheme.  I have some really beautiful speciality papers that I got from Stampin' Up! -  the white papers were simply called Bride (whisper white/white foil).  Sadly, the papers were discontinued last year. 

I started off by cutting a piece of the pinstripe paper to fit the base of the card.  I found a lovely piece of silver frosted mirri card in my stash and thought that it went really well with the SU papers.  I cut a rectangular mat, just a bit smaller than the card and a piece of the pinstripe paper to go on top.  I used my Labels 10 nesties to cut two layers - one in silver frosted mirri and the other in the damask SU paper.  On the damask paper I stamped a WMS frame in pale blue which I embossed with clear powder.

The elegant dress is from Waltzingmouse's new You're Lovely set - it's perfect for all sorts of occasions.  But here it's a wedding dress.  I stamped it on plain white card first and cut this out, I also stamped the dress on a piece of vellum and onto the damask SU paper.  I cut both dresses out.  On the damask dress I sponged a little of the blue colour.  On the close up of the dress, you can see that I also stamped one of the bodice options in pale blue and attached that to the dress.  Over the top of both the damask dress and bodice I applied the vellum dress.  The vellum gives a lovely soft feel to the dress - almost like chiffon over a silk underskirt - at least that's the idea!

Before attaching the rectangular mat to the card base, I added two ribbons - a wide organza ribbon with thin satin borders, over which I place a satin ribbon.  Once this was attached to the card base I attached the Labels 10 centrepiece.  The sentiment comes from the Big Day Additions set - the font is so elegant - perfect for the card!  Finally, I added some beautiful jewelled flourishes.


I also decorated the envelope to match the card.  I stamped a pale blue flourish on the front and then over stamped with the same sentiment.  On the envelope flag I've stamped a WMS ornamental flourish. 

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions, You're Lovely, Very Vintage Labels No 10
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! - Bride Speciality Papers (discontinued); Card, mirri, vellum, jewelled flourish, clear embossing powder - all from stash

For my second card I opted for a cream/ivory colour scheme, and this card is in landscape format. I covered the base of the card with some really pretty paper that I got while on holiday last year. It's actually a sheet of wrapping paper. I love the really elegant chandeliers - the candles and hanging "gems" all have a subtle sparkle.


On this card I decided to let the sentiment speak for itself - it's so beautiful. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine and embossed with clear powder to give a lovely raised finish (I did the same on the white card). The paper is another of the Stampin' Up! speciality papers - this time called Bridesmaid (very vanilla/vanilla foil). 

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: Stampin' Up! - Bridesmaid Speciality Papers (discontinued); Card, paper, ribbon, pearls, clear embossing powder - all from stash

As the font is so elegant, I decided to use the really beautiful Labels Twenty to cut the layers.  I found a piece of pearly paper in my stash in a soft taupe and used this as the base layer.  I stamped several  flourishes onto it using Versamark and clear embossing powder and then sponged on some Frayed Burlap.  To finish off the card I added this fabulous cream satin ribbon and tied a big bow.  You have no idea how long it took me to get it looking like this!!!  I'm not good with bows :)  Finally, I added these lovely creamy pearls.

To decorate the envelope I cut out one of the chandeliers from a bit of the wrapping paper and attached it to the envelope at the top.  I stamped the "May you live happily ever after" sentiment in the opposite corner of the envelope.

Helen came by yesterday evening to pick up her card - she was surprised to see a choice.  She picked the ivory/cream card, but said it was a tough choice!  I think Mum and Kathryn are both pleased that the white card is still here!!   I've enjoyed making these cards, and think I'll be making a few more wedding cards soon!

That's all for now.  It's going to be busy today.  Kathryn is appearing in her first professional stage show this evening and we've got to get things organised - costumes, hair, makeup - all the bits.  She's in three dances - the costumes are super and I'm really looking forward to seeing the show.  The children have all been working so hard.  They're performing Bugsy Malone at the Floral Pavilion in New Brighton on the Wirral.  See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Two beautiful cards Deborah, those SU papers are gorgeous. I really like the chandelier wrapping paper card, so elegant, and I like the way you decorated the envelopes too. Beautiful!

Jackie said...

Both cards are beautiful, I wouldn't want to choose between them :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Both of these are gorgeous but the second one has stolen my heart. How elegant! And the bow really was worth spending that time on Deborah - it looks wonderful!

Kim S said...

Your dress layers are absolutely stunning. I am amazed at how you conceived of each step!

Tara Cardwell said...

wow, wow and wow again. Both are simply stunning.

Stella said...

Both cards are so elegant. Your choice of dies is amazing; fabulous xhoixe. It just adds a little extra at the labels anf they go so well with the gorgeous stamps. Your bow is impressive; wow!
Both cards/envelopes turned out gorgeous!

Jenny said...

These are both stunning cards, the gorgeous dress lends itself to A5 very well. Love the chandelier paper, that was a good find :)
Love the decorated envelopes too :)
Jennny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...