Thursday 4 August 2011

Let's have tea ....

... this card has been made for three challenges.  The first is this week's colour challenge at Colour Q - cQc96 - love these shades of blue and green.  The second is this week's sketch at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC58, designed by Kelly Schirmer.  And the last is for the CASE (copy and share with everyone) challenge at Waltzingmouse.  




Every other month over at Waltzingmouse they have the SOAPs - Stamp of Approval Parade - where the WM DT share cards they've made with the most recently released stamp sets and also revisit one of the old sets.  The parade takes place over four days and the ladies make the most wonderful cards - do drop by and see. 



 I've kept pretty much to the sketch layout, except that I've turned it to a landscape layout.  As for the Colour Q colours - I've matched them as closely as I can.


I've actually CASEd a couple of cards - by two of my favourite card designers - Mona Pendleton and Kate Whelan - they are both extremely talented ladies.

Mona has used the WMSC58 sketch for the layout of her card and from that I've taken the idea of the glassine bag and the lovely big teacup.

Kate has created lovely patterns using WM stamps on the kettle, teacup and border - and I've taken that idea to create a pattern on my teacup.  I've also used the flourishes to make the steam coming from the teacup.


As I'm not great at bows, I've gone for a very simple ribbon treatment by running ribbon along the top of the backing paper and also using it to make the tag.  The tag has been made from three copies of the Afternoon tea stamp, one which I've kept plain and used as the reverse (see below).  The other two have been coloured with Promarkers (as close to the Colour Q colours as possible) - I cut out the middle section and layered into onto the pale background.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Cameo to Go, Cameo Maker, Afternoon Tea, Afternoon Tea Sentiments, Flourishes - Scallops and Dots
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Tempting Turquoise, Basic Grey
Promarkers: Cyan (Tempting Turquoise), Blue Pearl (Bashful Blue), Tan
Accessories:  Card, ribbon and paper from stash


I had a really good night last night.  I'm being very good and doing my exercises and keeping the knee iced to make sure there is no swelling.  I'm also taking the pain killers I've been given.  It's all going really well.  I've got my crutches, but I'm not leaning on them much at all - only when I'm using the stairs.  My family have been great - getting me coffee and sorting out the meals - so nice!!   And it's been a really fun afternoon in my craft room.  Jonathan has been busy working on some of his photos - he's entering a competition with food/drink based photos - seems it a bit of a theme at the moment ;)

That's all for now.  See you soon.

17 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Fabulous card, love it the WM stamps are delicious. I'm so glad you are doing well, take it easy too, hugs Gay xxx

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is beautiful!! Love how you decorated your cup!! And the vellum sleeve is perfect for that Tea image!! Charming card!

Buffy said...

Totally gorgeous Debs xx

Unknown said...

Love how you combined details from those 2 cards to create your own unique design. Great job and while on pain killers to boot!
Glad your surgery went well.

Jenny said...

That cup of tea looks so tempting!
Fab card Deborah and lovely colours to use.
Glad you're being well looked after:)
Jenny x

Kelly S. said...

That vellum pocket with the beautiful edge is just perfect for your fancy tea tag, Deborah! Love the steaming little cup, I am so ready to come over. Do you live far ;)? Your sketch cards always make me smile!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Adorable, Deb! I love that vellum pocket and that bright tea tag is perfect! Great take on the sketch this week!

Paula (PEP) said...

Glad the knee is going to plan - love the tag & your vellum envelope, a lovely idea.
Paula (PEP)

Tara Cardwell said...

Fabulous CASEWork your card is just beautiful!
Glad your knee isn't stopping you crafting and that you're on the road to recovery.
Tara x

Pauline said...

Beautiful, love the pop og green ribbon and the decorated tea cup! Oh I can't wait to craft again lol!

Cathy Weber said...

I love your cased card Deb! That vellum envelope is so great and I love that little tip about the ribbon, I can't tie bows either! I have a questions for you about the tea set, so if you have a chance, could you email me? CWeber2002@aol.com Great job today.

Lana said...

Very pretty card Deb! Beautiful cup and tag and I love together - blue and green! :)

Take care of your knee!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my gosh Deb! Your card is beautiful! I love your colorful label and beautiful tea cup! That eyelet edge on the pocket is oh so pretty! To my knowledge, I've NEVER been CASE'd before!!! What a wonderful surprise! Thank you for making my day and for joining along with the WMSC and CASE challenge :)

Sylvia said...

Hi Deborah! What a beautiful card. I love the images you used for these colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Deb,

I'm pleased to hear you are being looked after and you are feeling ok. The card is so lovely, and your pocket it gorgeous.
Hugs
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful double case Deborah! love the envelope and pretty colors - so glad to hear you are on the mend and being taken care of!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so feminine and elegant with your vellum envelope and lovely colors. Awesome job with this challenge, my dear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...