Wednesday 10 August 2011

Movies ....

.... we've had such fun today - we went out for a movie fest!!  Left the house early to catch the first showing of Super 8 - and if you've not seen it, I highly recommend it.  Set in 1979, a group of kids are making a Super 8 movie - but they witness a huge train crash - and something strange.  And that's all I'm going to tell you.  It's got a 12A certificate, so younger children need to be accompanied by an adult.  But the kids will love it - it's very exciting and well acted - well worth a visit.  And if you've got rain, like we have at the moment, a great way to keep the children occupied.

After that we watch Harry Potter Part 2.  It's very exciting and keeps to the book quite well.  Jonathan hadn't seen Part 1 and hasn't read the books either, so he was a bit at sea!  However, I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was nice to see the series come to a satisfactory conclusion.

The best of the two movies was definitely Super 8.  We're safe at home now and I'm going to play in my craft room later on - so hopefully I'll have a card to share.  See you soon.





5 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there Deborah, I'm totally jealous, I would love to see both movies and do intend to go soon, glad you had fun. Shame about your weather though, I have to agree movies are the best :0) xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Similar weather here. Heating is a must at present. Sounds like you had a brilliant day.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

You sound as if your having a great time! Thanks for the film recommendation - we may very well be having a movie day ourselves soon judging from the weather forecast!

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Deborah, glad you enjoyed the films, we went to see Mr. Popper's penguins. It a fab film. Funny and also great story line too.

Donna x

Lynne said...

I`ve seen the trailers for Super 8 and it looks great. I love a good adventure film.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I already do most of the decorating anyway and usually quite enjoy it. It`s having the time that`s the problem. I checked baclk on your blog after my son phoned to see if it was the same sort of injury. I`ll keep you all informed.
Lynne xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...