Friday 16 September 2011

OLW64 - Colour it ....

... this week's OLW64 challenge is being hosted by Susan at Simplicity.  Susan would like us to make a one layer card (obviously), stamp an outline image and colour it with the medium of our choice.  So many possibilities!!!

I decided to use this challenge to make another card for this year's Christmas Card Collection.  I'm doing really well on that front too - I've made well over 40 cards so far - which is excellent, as this time last year, I had none!!  I had a look through my Stamp Catalogue and settled on this lovely poinsettia.  Stamped using Memento ink and coloured with Promarkers - easy peasy.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Blooms - Poinsettias, Very Vintage Christmas Stamps
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers:  Poppy, Lipstick Red, Baby Pink, Lush Green, Emerald, Meadow Green, Cool Grey 1
Accessories:  Card from stash

Unfortunately, I noticed that the Promarkers have bled a little on this card.  The base card is a slightly more absorbent card stock than I usually use - so in future no colouring directly on this card!!! 

It's been an extremely busy day - and a very messy one too.  I've spent most of the day painting 11 double photo frames.  The frames are pine wood and needed to be rubbed down, to get rid of the sharp edges, and then painted with white acrylic so that they are ready for Kathryn and her friends to decorate on Sunday.  I ended up covered in little spots of white paint!!  Still the frames look quite good.  I'll give them one last coat of paint tomorrow and then the girls can go to town with gems, buttons, stamps, ribbon, glitter - as much bling as they'd like!! 

The postman has been working over time too - we had another two parcels delivered today - Kathryn's had a steady stream of parcels arriving for her - all safely tucked away until tomorrow morning when it will be mayhem!!  The good thing was that one of those parcels was for me - my new goodies from Stampin' Up! - sadly I won't be able to play with them until next week.

And that's all for now - I'm off back to my craft room to for a while.  Bye for now.

14 comments:

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card Deborah love the rich colours. I hope Kathryn has a great day.
Lynne xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Sounds like a very busy weekend for you. Hope Kathryn has a lovely day too & I wish her a very Happy Birthday. I like your Poinsettia image - very effective. I got covered with wallpaper paste as I tried to repair some of the 30 year old wallpaper hanging loose from our porch ceiling!.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

A busy weekend but also fun. I hope that Kathryn ( and the rest of the family) are going to have a fab Sunday!

I love your poinsettia; wow!

Jenny said...

Arrr, such a beautiful image for Christmas, lovely shading and design too :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

The poinsettia makes a lovely focal point with all that lovely white space. How exciting to have a constant stream of parcels coming into the house! Birthdays are so much fun - and I'm sure decorating the frames will go down a treat with the girls!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Deborah, I love the poinsettia, sounds like its going to fun at your house on sunday, dont forget to take some pictures of the girls finished frames.
Kevin xx

Mynn xx said...

This is wonderful! Whoever gets this holiday card is lucky!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Deb! Great job coloring that pretty WM image!

Anonymous said...

a wonderful card
Elma

Donelda said...

this turned out great! I especially like how you outlined the pointsettia in great .... really makes it stand out!!

Colleen said...

Beautiful! Love that font with the poinsettia.

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card, Deborah! Beautiful coloring!

Anonymous said...

What a great images for Christmas, lovely shading and design too... You have a great work....
discount card printing
custom gift cards
plastic card
Scratch Card

Susan Raihala said...

How festive and fun...and I didn't notice the bleeding at all until you said something. I love poinsettias, and your card certainly does them justice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...