Wednesday 12 October 2011

Christmas bling ....

... I'm so far ahead with my Christmas cards this year - and it's a great feeling, especially as I have a feeling I'm not going to be crafting much in November!!!  Last year I left it all to the last minute and had an intense three week period of making Christmas cards - this year, it'll be lovely to be ahead.  I think I've got about 70 cards made - I need 150!!!  I'll do a count later.
Anyway, this is another towards my 2011 Christmas Card Collection and it's based on this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC68.

I started off with the idea of making a clean and simple card like the sketch.  And it's sort of CAS, but with added bling!!!  I love the colours here - really bright and fresh.

I've used one of my favourite sets - Festive Foliage - I think I've done too many berries around the border but I couldn't remove them once stamped!!!  I stamped the grid and layered it onto some red card, and it was only when I started to attach the gems I realised that it wasn't quite straight.  Actually, I quite like it - sort of jaunty!! 

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage; Prima Marketing - Grid Stamp (#541903) - from QVC
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Green Grass
Accessories:  Gems and card from stash

I've taken a quick break while sorting out room.  I've decided that the painters can do our bedroom tomorrow - it's going to be much easier to move things out of our room than Kathryn's!!  And tomorrow I can sort out Kathryn's room.

While I like freshly decorated rooms, I'm not so keen on the smell of paint!  Still, at least it'll be sorted quickly.  See you tomorrow.

15 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

I quite like all the berries actually - it's extravagent like Christmas should be!
Tara x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, I agree with Tara, the berries look great. Fab grid and bling, so effective.

Donna x

Julia Aston said...

Love the holly and berry stampings and the pretty bling on the grid - isn't it great getting the cards done early!

Buffy said...

What a lovely card

Buf xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I like the way you've cut those leaves out & layered them on top.
Paula (PEP)

Patrice said...

Woo Hoo! Lots of bling!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

I don't there are too many berries at all Deborah and it's such a fab card! I don't think paint is as smelly as it used to be - the paint companies have had to clean up their acts!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a festive card Deb! Love all the bling! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Jenny said...

Love the holly border, fab Christmas card and well done for getting so far ahead...I'm not so organised!
Don't envy you the smell of paint day in day out!
Jenny :)

Kelly S. said...

That's bling-a-licious, Deborah! I just love how the holly leaves have the sentiments inside! The embellished grid pattern is too cool!

Olga said...

A lovely card! Just by the simpleness of it. And the bling of course. Very nice!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very creative, and very bling-y indeed! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers this week! xxx

Renee said...

Bring on the bling...
*giggle*...
I love it!
Such a bright, festive card...
very creative!
And isn't it great to be ahead :)...
I'm still behind :(

Kim Duran said...

70 cards and counting! Wow! I've only made one Christmas card (lol). I guess I better catch up!

Love all the stamping you've added with the holly and berries. So festive and full of holiday spirit. The bling really makes your card shine! Lovely!

Sharron said...

What a wonderfully festive card! LOVE all the bling! And wow--I'm impressed that you have so many Christmas cards already. I'm usually behind schedule and unfortunately this year has not become the exception.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...