Sunday 16 October 2011

CR84FN40 - Poinsettias ....

... it's week two for CR84FN40 and the our lovely colour palette of red, brown and kraft - to me they are just perfect for Christmas cards!  So I've made another - this time a much cleaner and simpler design!

Don't you just love those photos - the bowl of cherries looks so yummy!  Contact details are: cherries, toffee apple and a bunch of fab flowers - click on the links!

I started with a kraft card base and scored two lines about a third of the way from the top and again up from the bottom.   I cut some red and brown paper into strips, layered them together, and attached them in between the scored lines.  Next I stamped this little poinsettia flower six times and cut them all out - took ages!!  I cut three of the flowers out in full and on the other three I cut out the middle petals.  To give the flowers a glossy finish I sprayed them with Crafter's Companion Spray 'n' Shine.  Once dried I attached the flowers to the strip and added some gems.  The greeting is a peel off that was coloured with Promarkers to match the poinsettias.  I finished off with some bling - under the bottom score line.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Blooms: Poinsettias
Inks:  Memento - Rich Cocoa, Lady Bug
Accessories:  Crafter's Companion - Spray 'n' Shine; Card, peel offs and gems from stash

We have more inspiration for you from our Guest Designer Cheryl Lea at Ink Up  and also from some of the DT:

We've had some wonderful submissions already, but there's still time to join in the fun - after all these colours are just fabulous! 

Thanks for stopping by.  See you later.

11 comments:

Pauline said...

This is lovely Deb, the flowers look fab decoupaged, and I love the CAS design, so effective for these beautiful flowers.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! Those layered Poinsettias look wonderful and love the rhinestones sprinkled about!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Deb! Love the trio of poinsettias and glossy effect!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The poinsettias are beautiful! Wonderful job! I love the scoring on the card!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Deborah. Those Poinsettias are stunning. :)
Hugs~

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the layering of those Poinsettias - very effective against the brown background. I love the way you come up with such ideas.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

Those poinsettias were worth every second Deborah - they're divine! Really must have a go at this colour challenge...

Cheryl said...

I love classy cards, and this one is fabulous! All that cutting made for some beautiful flowers, and I love how you colored the sentiment to match the bling. Very, very pretty!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful Poinsettias and lovely card! Love how you layered them for depth!

joy said...

Love the color of your poinsettias and how they pop!

Jenny said...

Very pretty card Deborah, love the use of colour :)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...