Saturday 4 February 2012

Birthday rosette .....

.... This morning I have a special birthday card to share with you.  One of my friends asked me to make a 60th birthday card for his wife - but he didn't want flowers or pink. Helen is one of the local Guiders and she has been involved with the organisation for a long time, and Glynn wanted me to make a card using the Guide colours of blue and gold and to incorporate the Guide logo.   I had a hunt on the Internet and found the Trefoil logo which is a lovely soft blue, downloaded and made my own backing paper.

I kept the design quite simple - it's simply layering with different papers and finishes.  I decided to make a rosette as the main feature on the card and used a number of different nesties to cut out the layers.  The only bit of stamping on the card is the birthday greeting.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frame-it
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Bashful Blue; Memento - Paris Dusk
Spellbinders:  Blossom Tags & Accents (S5-072), Star Circles (S4-335) # 3, Pinking Circles Sm (S4-172) #6, Lacey Circles (S4-293) #5, Grand Big Scalloped Circles (LF-249) # 2
Accessories:  Cuttlebug Alphabet dies - You're Not the Boss of Me; Card from stash

Today is going to be quite busy.  Jonathan and I will be starting on the next round of decluttering; and I'm sure we'll make a good start on filling the skip!  Kathryn is going to make a birthday card for her friend - she's at the party this afternoon.  And this evening we are all off to Helen's party.  It's going to be a fun day!  See you soon.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, just perfect :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

A fabulous 60th birthday card Deborah....

Anne

Jenny said...

You clever girl, making the special bkgd paper! Fantastic card Deborah.
Have fun filling the skip :0)
Jenny x

Pauline said...

This is a great card for a Scouting leader! Great background papers, and all that holographic and mirri card will make sure that this card just shines!! Gorgeous!

Ardyth said...

Love the sparkle and the holographic paper! And the trefoils! Perfect 'not-frilly' card! And I see we have something else in common - my daughter Kate's full name is Kathryn - and she loves cardmaking too! But it ends there, alas - my son is Struan. Have a great weekend!

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, Very pretty! I love all the layers and of course the shiny papers!! Definately an eye catcher and a keeper!

Paula (PEP) said...

Very effective with the layers & your use of the trefoil design.
Super with the rosette idea - especially for a Guider & not a sign of a pink either!!
Hope you've had a lovely evening.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

What an excellent card for a guider - she will be delighted I'm sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...