Wednesday 18 April 2012

Retro doodling ....

... here's a one layer card for two challenges:


My card is really simple - I used some of my new stamps from Paper Smooches.  I've seen these TVs used on other cards and I think they're great.  I like the retro shape of this TV and I think it works really well with these colours.  I stamped and embossed the TV giving a lovely defined finish.  I coloured the legs and stripe grey and used the bold yellow and orange to colour the major features.  The sentiment was made by stamping and colouring the heart, and then handwriting the letters!!  I also doodled the TV cable (based very much on one of the stamps in the set).  I finished off by adding the TV antennae and some doodled lines.  I think I'm going to post this card to Ben - just because I love him!  And I miss him too - hopefully he'll come over to visit us in the Summer.


Stamps:  Paper Smooches - Boob Tubes
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark; Stampin' Up! Pens - Basic Grey, Tangerine Tango (don't have Dusty Durgango), More Mustard, Basic Black
Accessories:  Card from stash

I really have to say thank you very much for the lovely comments that have been left recently - particularly a big thanks to those welcoming us to our new life in the US.  It's a huge change of life, but such a wonderful opportunity.  With our goods being delivered tomorrow and Friday I'm really beginning to feel at home.  Only need a car now!!

Just before I go - a quick revision.  On Sunday I told you that we'd planned to visit the Zoo, but instead we ended up visiting the Henry Ford Museum.  It's a magnificent place and absolutely HUGE!  We decided that it would be worth while to take out annual membership - we will be visiting again and again!!  That's all for today.  Hope everyone is well.  See you tomorrow.


25 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Perfect doodling Deborah - works really well with boob tubes which is my fave ps stamp set.

Stamps and Paper said...

Great doodling card Deborah and so different

Anne

Marlena M. said...

This is perfect for both challenges; I love your combo of colors and images! Welcome to the US Deborah.

Chrissie said...

Super doodles Deborah! Funky card!
I hope you have a wonderful life in the US. We lived in Virginia for 3 years in the 70's .... we loved it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Deborah
Brill drawing
Im sorry I hadn't noticed about your bug move, funnily enough in the 'old days' I used to think you were American for some reason!
Be happy. Always
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Hi Deborah, so pleased that you are settling in, it is very nice to still be able to keep in touch.
I think your card is great and love the TV aerials and cord, I am sure Ben will really appreciate a card.
Happy inking
G

Buffy said...

Fab card Debs, very well done!

Buf xx

Jenny said...

Love the doodled flex Deb, those PS tv's are just so cool :0)
Good to soak up the local culture...excellent start with the birthplace of Ford :0)
Jenny x

Marybeth said...

Great CAS card and such a cute stamp !

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Deborah, cute stamp. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Keke said...

Its a really cute card!! : )

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely for Ben & great fun seeing this after your previous post!
Glad you're settling in too.
Paula (PEP)

Diane said...

Ab fab Retro card...love it and your clever touches.. and what a great reason to send a card!!
sending you happy wishes for your new adventure.
Diane

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute Deborah, love your little retro TV!!

Pauline said...

Fab Retro TV Deborah, lovely doodling, and fab colours!

lin_ka1 said...

wooooooonderfullllllllllll ))))))

Loli said...

Hola Deb, thank you for your lovely comment it's a plaseure read the comments you make me:d
Fantastic card, perfect for a fantastic boy:D, your stamps is great and the doodling tv cable is a great idea.
I think your life in Michigan is sooo good:d
A warm hug from Palma on the other side of the Atlantic:D

Yapha said...

Super cute -- love your doodling! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

JJ Bolton said...

So cute Deborah! Glad to hear that you're settling in:)

Jen Mitchell said...

That retro television is perfect for these cool colors! I love all your hand-doodled designs too! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant card.
luv
Debby

Vicky Hayes said...

I love that cute little TV Deborah and your doodling has just add to the appeal. Love that gorgeous colour palette too and it's perfect for this retro style. Vicky x

Susan said...

Hi Deborah! I know you're glad to be getting your "stuff" soon! Welcome to the States! I really hope you love your time here. If you ever make it to Florida...let me know! LOVE your retro card...your doodling looks great!

kasia c. said...

Great card!! I love that stamp set and you totally rocked it!!
Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Love this Deborah! I have fallen in love with these stamps - LOL!!! Awesome card! Thank you so much for playing along at colourQ this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...